5-Hybrid-Yoga

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default 5-Hybrid-Yoga

I'm sure this sight in normal in California, but this is a huge step for Omaha, Nebraska.

I dropped my wife off to teach a yoga class tonight and out of a dozen cars out front, 5 were hybrids! 3 Prius IIs, an HCH I, and our HCH II.

I had to smile!

Old 12-19-2006, 07:10 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 5-Hybrid-Yoga

no pictures? lol.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast

I know the feeling, when I go to certain grocery stores (Whole Foods and Trader Joes in Ann Arbor) I tend to see many hybrids in the lot too!

Can we consider our hybrids as organic and all natural?

Old 12-19-2006, 03:44 PM
light green

Originally Posted by noflash
I'm sure this sight in normal in California, but this is a huge step for Omaha, Nebraska.

I dropped my wife off to teach a yoga class tonight and out of a dozen cars out front, 5 were hybrids! 3 Prius IIs, an HCH I, and our HCH II.

I had to smile!

Very nice!

What part of NE are you in? I'm in Papillion.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by cawfebug
I know the feeling, when I go to certain grocery stores (Whole Foods and Trader Joes in Ann Arbor) I tend to see many hybrids in the lot too!
I've noticed that, too! At the Whole Foods near me, there is ALWAYS at least one Prius in the lot, usually more, and, if I'm there, my little HCH. I guess there are some obvious reasons why there would be that kind of overlap- lifestyle choices line up in some ways.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by robinson
Very nice!

What part of NE are you in? I'm in Papillion.
I live in mid-town Omaha. We'll have to have a meet sometime. I have been seeing more and more hybrids in and around town.

I just put my snow tires on last night -- hope it wasn't for nothing!

EDIT: BTW, great mileage! I got mine in August and, unfortunately, the engine seemed to break-in just as the temp turned south. Looks like I will have to wait until Spring to get my average up. I see your last tank was 41. That's about where I am stuck at.

Last edited by noflash; 12-20-2006 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:30 PM
light green

I just put on snows on steelies as well and then drove to Ohio. Mileage sucks...low 40s at best. My best highway was over 50 to Oklahoma. The factors that are different for this trip: Snow tires (not low rolling resistance), heavy(er) steel wheels, more luggage (longer trip). But, overall, 40 is still okay.

Old 12-22-2006, 07:35 PM

Actually the Bridgestone Blizzaks ARE LRR. Not sure what you have, but those steelies are true FE killers.

I've actually dipped below 40 this tank. I think it's a combination of cold, wet, short trips, and snow tires. Bummer.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:28 PM
light green

I put on Cont TS810s I think. I was able to pull about 46 mpg after taking out all our luggage with one extra person.

When I get back I can see how much the block heater helps with short trips.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands