2012 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default 2012 Civic

I took my car in yesterday for an alingment, while there I looked at the 2012 Civic, they did not have a hybrid on the lot so I looked at the gasser....I love the changes to the exterior, I am not so thrilled with the dash....ok, it does look better then the pictures on the internet, I like the changes to the lower dash, I like the new spedo and display screen, HOWEVER, they are encased in the most unattractive hood I have ever seen...it was so ugly it was distracting, I looked as a white car with a grey interior, I hate, hate grey interiors...but, what I could not stop looking at was that ugly, ugly hood, reminded me of a 1990 chevy lumina...yuck.
What I did find interesting was that the gasser comes with a complement of fuel managemant tools, instant mpg, long range mpg, estimated range, bars that change from green to blue depending on how you are doing with mileage...good, I also noticed that they now have continitnal tires (I don't know if it is different for the Hybrid)...but, overall, I can't live with the dash, sorry, it is uglier to me than the last generation Prius....did I mention it was UGLY.

I also looked at the CRZ, they had 3 on the lot, black/5 sp, red cvt & silver with navi, that is of course the one I really liked, I was not sure why the mileage was so low till I looked at the tires, they are wide performance tires, got me wondering if the dealer would change them for narrower lrr tires, then it go me thinking I don't want to spend 25K or higher insurance so, it is cute but I think I am going to stay with what I have.

Wonder how many people end up buying the latest and greatest when they are waiting at the dealership to have their car serviced

Last edited by Bobs Metallic Pearl; 05-08-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typo