2008 Civic changes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Hybrid-Hugger
Default 2008 Civic changes

I am wondering if the 2008 Hybrid will also get the EX-L options. It would be nice to have factory leather. Plus tire pressure monitors is a nice addition- don't know why they took so long to do it.

http://www.hondapreview.com/civic/

Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Civic changes

Isn't tire pressure monitoring now a required to come standard? Not sure it's required for '08 models though, not sure when that takes affect.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Leather will be a welcomed addition. It was almost a factor in my decision to purchase.

Having said that after market options tailered to the HCH are available around $2200.00 with seat warmers.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

The leather option would be a good thing for sure. I just don't know if the option will be available in Canadian models. I suspect it will not because it would canibilize the sales of the Acura CSX. I believe this will continue to remain true for the Navi option which is also not available in the canadian Civic lineup.

Now for the TPMS: Yes, I believe it will be a mandatory safety item in future models. However, I am very concerned about the type of system that will actually be implemented and how flexible it is.

-If it is an indirect system then I will be very disappointed.

-If it is a non-configurable system like that in the Prius (and some other cars) then I will still be un-happy although not as disappointed because a direct system is still better than the indirect alternatives.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 06-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have a funny feeling that leather will not be offered (at least for 2008) in the Civic Hybrid. A leather equipped 2008 EX will likely have an MSRP higher than a 2007 Hybrid! I think that the market can only bear so much.... Don't get me wrong I think that my personal vehicle is a great value; I would even go as far as to say that if it had been offered with a factory installed leather option for around $1000, I likely would have taken advantage of it (all of the other vehicles I have owned in the last 6 or 7 years have been leather equipped). But the average consumer does not think of the Civic as a luxury automobile....

Old 06-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Enthusiast

I hope Electronic Stability Control will be added.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EZ2beGreen
I have a funny feeling that leather will not be offered (at least for 2008) in the Civic Hybrid. A leather equipped 2008 EX will likely have an MSRP higher than a 2007 Hybrid! I think that the market can only bear so much.... Don't get me wrong I think that my personal vehicle is a great value; I would even go as far as to say that if it had been offered with a factory installed leather option for around $1000, I likely would have taken advantage of it (all of the other vehicles I have owned in the last 6 or 7 years have been leather equipped). But the average consumer does not think of the Civic as a luxury automobile....
Interesting perspective EZ.

I would tend to agree if society continues on its current path of Gas Guzzling status SUV vehicles. I would like to think I am not an anomoly that chose the HCH over the 3 Series BMW because I wanted to drive a HYBRID as well someone in a position to afford the Status vehicle however made the decision to purchase a HYBRID. Ironically I find the HYBRID badge carries its own status symbol. A much more responsible status symbol.

The HCH is, IMO, the best of class. For a business man with a family leather is the perfect touch for a little Luxury feel and of course the perfect touch for the small kids that just cannot seem to hit their mouth while eating/drinking and travelling. As well in our cold Canadian climate heated seats are wonderful.

With an aftermarket cost for leather well above what a factory leather upgrade would cost I do see a market for this. I have been told by our local dealer that the 2008 will have leather and everything I have read says similar.

Please also note the well atuned Honda lover, IMO, would choose a Leather equiped HCH (Made in Japan) over the Leather equiped Acura (Made in Canada). There is noticable difference between the two specifically related to the finish. The moldings on the Acura (the Canadian luxury version of the Civic) do not line up with the body along with a few small finish details.

As long as the HCH is priced competitevly with the Acura I would suggest leather could be the difference in quite a few sales decisions.

Cheers!!

Old 06-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'd like to see the use of Lithium based batteries instead of Nickel. Should reduce the weight of the vehicle quite a bit.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Enthusiast

I'm with Gretchen. The HCH needs stability control. I traded my HCH for a Camry Hybrid to get more room and stability control, but I sure miss my HCH.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Todd
I'm with Gretchen. The HCH needs stability control. I traded my HCH for a Camry Hybrid to get more room and stability control, but I sure miss my HCH.
What is it exactly that you miss?

Quick Reply: 2008 Civic changes

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands