2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Road Test 11/03/05

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 04:49 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Road Test 11/03/05

This just came over my computer from Google Civic Alert.
Thought I would share it with everyone.

Be sure to (Click) on (Picture-Gallery) alot of Pics To Enjoy.

This Article is Courtesy of: MACLEANS.CA

Auto 123.com

Canadian Auto Press by Trevor Hofmann ...........November 3, 2005

http://macleans.auto123.com/en/info/...tid=51603&pg=1

Hope you all find this interesting, I Did:

Terry

Old 11-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Default Re: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Road Test 11/03/05

Drool!

Old 11-03-2005, 07:53 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

After looking it at even closer and thinking more about it. They're doing what they can to make sure you don't put an aftermarket radio in there. Also, with the deck lid as short as it is they should of just made it into a 5dr. I know, that would mean they would have to move the batteries. Still, if it were a 5dr (4dr hatchback) I bet their sales would take a HUGE shot in the arm. Not that they need it at this point in time.

It's growing on me even more every time I look at it. Still won't be getting one. My car just has too many more miles and years left on it, it's still like new.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:59 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

LOL.. I just saw the same article posted on Automobile .com with the same author, but now he is billed as American Auto Press and Not Canadian Auto Press!

Also, all the metric units of measure that were in the Canadian article have been converted to English. Word Processing is such a great technolgy !

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Ho...ad-test/1516/0

The Hybrid gets some items that are extra on other Civic models....heated and remote controlled body-color sideview mirrors...
I was not aware the side mirrors were heated ?? The Honda Brochure I have only mentioned the mirrors are remote controlled body-color sideview mirrors with integrated turn indicators. It would be great if they were heated, as I believe the Prius' are. Never knew how nice heated mirrors were until I drove a large deleivery truck, with heated mirrors, a few weeks ago in a heavy rain. The Mirrors stayed much clearer and relatively dryer then I have experinced under similar conditions in my personal vehicle.

Last edited by lkewin; 11-04-2005 at 05:16 AM. Reason: added info
Old 11-04-2005, 05:57 AM
my other car is a FJORD

sigh..........if only a manual transmissison were available, i would have been very very tempted.......

Old 11-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by lkewin
I was not aware the side mirrors were heated ??
Just learned from a friend that the HCH's for Canada DO have Heated side mirrors, but the cars for america DO NOT. attached Honda Canada site shows spec's for canadian model.

http://www.honda.ca/Honda/Models/CivicHybrid/2005/Specifications.asp?L=E

Do you think Toyota thinks Americans (at least American auto makers) are full of hot air and therefore there is no need to heat the mirrors?

Old 11-04-2005, 07:36 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Road Test 11/03/05

Originally Posted by lkewin
LOL.. I just saw the same article posted on Automobile .com with the same author, but now he is billed as American Auto Press and Not Canadian Auto Press!

Also, all the metric units of measure that were in the Canadian article have been converted to English. Word Processing is such a great technolgy !

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Ho...ad-test/1516/0

I was not aware the side mirrors were heated ?? The Honda Brochure I have only mentioned the mirrors are remote controlled body-color sideview mirrors with integrated turn indicators. It would be great if they were heated, as I believe the Prius' are. Never knew how nice heated mirrors were until I drove a large deleivery truck, with heated mirrors, a few weeks ago in a heavy rain. The Mirrors stayed much clearer and relatively dryer then I have experinced under similar conditions in my personal vehicle.
Sorry; USA Models are not Heated; Remember he was referring to Canadian 06 HCHs.

I ran into the same thing when I owned my 2003 HCH USA Model, and Then I ordered from Canada the Honda Factory Heated Mirriors and Dash Switch. I might mention it all was factory and worked perfect but was Very-Very Expensive as I remember. I liked them though.

HTH

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-04-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:06 PM

I'm still looking for a place to buy the heated mirrors ;(

I wish there were web sites around that would let people order from out of the country.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:37 AM

The article didn't have anything useful to say; it wasn't a review really, just a description. But at least the pictures were nice -- a good picture of the Galaxy "Gray" (which is tan in sunlight) and a good picture of the turn mirror signals, the first picture of them I've actually seen.

Old 11-05-2005, 05:08 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Road Test 11/03/05

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
The article didn't have anything useful to say; it wasn't a review really, just a description. But at least the pictures were nice -- a good picture of the Galaxy "Gray" (which is tan in sunlight) and a good picture of the turn mirror signals, the first picture of them I've actually seen.
So see; there were some nice things after all for everyone.

Terry

Quick Reply: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid Road Test 11/03/05

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands