2006 HCH Info on www.hondacars.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 10:32 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!
Thumbs up 2006 HCH Info on www.hondacars.com

Honda finally added the '06 model to their website.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Default Re: 2006 HCH Info on www.hondacars.com

Hey, nice! It's about time. What's funny, though, is in the Interior Gallery, the model they use actually uses the regular sedan's upper tier. See, it shows the engine temperature to the left of the speedometer instead of the MPG meter. The captions indicate the MPG bar is indeed supposed to be there, they were just sloppy.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Great!. After that Article by TIM MOLLOY of the Associated Press that appeared in several papers yesterday with the headline "Despite good mileage, Civic Hybrid misses fuel efficiency list", due to the fact they did not have the HCH tested and the results ready in time to be published in the 2006 EPA Fuel Efficiancy guide, I guess they got the site updated !

Did anyone else notice that the FLASH DEMO's under Engineering are not avaialbe (i.e. no link to reach the demo in all the engineering highlights, that reference "View Demo (Flash Player Required)" ?

Also for everyones benifit here is a link to the main '06 Hybrid page on the website:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...e=Civic+Hybrid

Old 10-14-2005, 07:31 AM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Hey, nice! It's about time. What's funny, though, is in the Interior Gallery, the model they use actually uses the regular sedan's upper tier. See, it shows the engine temperature to the left of the speedometer instead of the MPG meter. The captions indicate the MPG bar is indeed supposed to be there, they were just sloppy.
I noticed that, too. But if you look at the specifications, it states that the instrumentation includes Fuel and Coolant Temperature Indicators as well as the Digital Fuel-Mileage Indicators and Average Fuel Consumption Indicator. My guess is that the Coolant and Fuel-Mileage indicators are "switchable"

Old 10-14-2005, 08:37 AM

I priced mine out at 25,978. Humm. Pretty tempting

Last edited by tbaleno; 10-14-2005 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

nice!!!!!

Old 10-14-2005, 01:56 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Priced mine at $24,390. Only added XM radio (we have it in the Ody and love it). Doesn't include installation. I'll order splash guards and leather steering wheel cover from handaaccessories after purchase. I usually add a full mask on all our cars (except the Sub which has a bug shield), but I think I'll go with the invisible mask on the Civic...don't want to add "all that wind resistance".

Old 10-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mochisushi
Priced mine at $24,390. Only added XM radio (we have it in the Ody and love it). Doesn't include installation. I'll order splash guards and leather steering wheel cover from handaaccessories after purchase. I usually add a full mask on all our cars (except the Sub which has a bug shield), but I think I'll go with the invisible mask on the Civic...don't want to add "all that wind resistance".
What is the invisible mask on the Civic?

Old 10-14-2005, 03:59 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

The Invisible Mask is a clear 3M (or other make) film that is applied over the front painted portion of the car...Usually just the hood and front edge of the fenders, but also can be applied to the bumper and mirrors. Much more expensive than the full mask, but it doesn't show. People I know love it.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

whoa. That basically settles it. Owing only $12k on my HCH at 2.9% financing, there's no way I'd drop $25K on a new HCH. For that price I'd be much more tempted to get the HAH if they would just make it in MT so I could force it to get better gas mileage.

Hell, for that price, I'd be much more tempted to build one of these for about $10K more. I know many of you are getting sick of seeing this, but it gets 50 mpg on biodiesel and goes 0-60 in under 4 seconds:

Quick Reply: 2006 HCH Info on www.hondacars.com

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands