2006 HCH II K&N Air Filter Now avaliable

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default 2006 HCH II K&N Air Filter Now avaliable

In regards to an older post I started about recieving a free air filter from K&N: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ighlight=K%26N

I receieved an email today from K&N stating that there is now an air filter for the HCHII, however there is still no FIPK or cold air intake. K&N's model number for the filter is: 33-2348

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2348

I just thought that you guys might like to know.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 HCH II K&N Air Filter Now avaliable

Cool,

I'll look to get one for my HCHII

Thanks for the info.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Enthusiast

What advantages will we see from the K&N compared to the stock filter?

Old 05-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. Just ordered one today for under $40 with free shipping.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by HCH-Jun
What advantages will we see from the K&N compared to the stock filter?
Since they're just now available, no one knows for sure.

The typical claims are for somewhat improved performance (acceleration, less throttle delay, slightly more HP), and some folks claim even better FE.

For sure, the engine will breather a little easier. Whether this translates to any measurable differences for the HCH-II - who knows?

I've had them on a few cars in the past, and they seem to make a little difference for me (less throttle delay). I never noticed any FE improvement, but I wasn't looking for that.

And Adam - thanks for the update. I know you've been on this a long time.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sundevil
Thanks for the info. Just ordered one today for under $40 with free shipping.
Could you keep us posted with the results of your MPG once installing the filter? I've used them in all my car until installing one in my Scion XB the gas mileage went down. Took it out and it went back to normal. My other two cars I didn't notice any difference.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by birchman2
Could you keep us posted with the results of your MPG once installing the filter? I've used them in all my car until installing one in my Scion XB the gas mileage went down. Took it out and it went back to normal. My other two cars I didn't notice any difference.
Could it have been possible that your gas mileage went down because driving it harder due yto the install? I know people who install parts to increase FE and power but burn more fuel than before the part install because of the horsepower increase or the psychological factor of thinking 'I have more power to use'. Just a thought. Every K&N system/filter I have used I have found in increase in FE, however if I put my foot in it more ofcourse I'll lose that FE.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
Could it have been possible that your gas mileage went down because driving it harder due yto the install? I know people who install parts to increase FE and power but burn more fuel than before the part install because of the horsepower increase or the psychological factor of thinking 'I have more power to use'. Just a thought. Every K&N system/filter I have used I have found in increase in FE, however if I put my foot in it more ofcourse I'll lose that FE.
No I didn't buy the car to go fast. I know about the aftermarket world I also have a turbocharged Eagle Talon if I decide to go quick I'll take it for a spin. I use to take it to the track and come close to 12 second 1/4 mile times. It was installed on the Scion because I don't like changing filters and it's a terrific buy compared to purchasing other filters over time. Other than jumping on mechanics wanting to throw it away its a really good filter. It is also installed in my Mazda Millenia with over 200K miles. Very familiar with the filter that's why I'm wondering if it was just the Scion.