2006 HCH First Drive...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 04:24 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: 2006 HCH First Drive...

Originally Posted by kaymack
Anyone know if the NAVI adds $2K as it does in the HAH? I assume it's the same NAVI that's in the Accord. I love my NAVI and would definitely get in again if I wind up with a '06 HCH as a second car. It's cool the way that it is integral with the XM radio.
Pick up a Brochure on the 2006 Civic Sedan/Hybrid at your Friendly Honda dealer and you will see a picture of the Nav. unit on several pages and also close ups of it and it's different screen displays.

HTH

Terry

BTW: I understand that it's like the Acura line Nav.

Old 10-20-2005, 05:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 HCH First Drive...

Hi TigerHonaker:

___The NAVI in the HCH-II will be the same as that in the Civic EX w/ NAVI more then likely. Just go test drive the EX w/ NAVI if you want to see what it does include and does not. The Civic NAVI is basically just NAVI and comes in a go go gadget like form factor as it has mechanical arms and motors that swing it up and out of the way when you need to access the disc/memory area of the head unit behind the LCD. Very youth oriented in its looks but poor functionality given the ease at which it could be broken.

___What the Civic NAVI lacks is the TC w/ FCD, XM, Real Time Traffic and rear view camera. It has a smaller LCD as well … The Acura TL lacks the TC w/ FCD, Real Time Traffic, and rear view but includes XM. It also has far fewer voice commands then the rest of the Honda/Acura lineup for some reason? The RL and MDX NAVI’s have the TC w/ FCD, XM, and rear view w/ the RL having Real Time traffic via service for a fee. The Accord w/ NAVI has the TC FCD and XM but no rear view or Real Time Traffic.

___I would think long and hard before adding the basic NAVI to an HCH-II or 06 EX. NAVI is great but there many other NAVI options available that are far less expensive. Just make sure you purchase with your eyes wide open is all …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
___What the Civic NAVI lacks is the TC w/ FCD, XM, Real Time Traffic and rear view camera. It has a smaller LCD as well …
Forgive my ignorance, but what is 'TC w/ FCD'? Are these features that only the high-end Acuras have?

thanks!

Old 10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: 2006 HCH First Drive...

Hi TigerHonaker:

___The NAVI in the HCH-II will be the same as that in the Civic EX w/ NAVI more then likely. Just go test drive the EX w/ NAVI if you want to see what it does include and does not. The Civic NAVI is basically just NAVI and comes in a go go gadget like form factor as it has mechanical arms and motors that swing it up and out of the way when you need to access the disc/memory area of the head unit behind the LCD. Very youth oriented in its looks but poor functionality given the ease at which it could be broken.

___What the Civic NAVI lacks is the TC w/ FCD, XM, Real Time Traffic and rear view camera. It has a smaller LCD as well … The Acura TL lacks the TC w/ FCD, Real Time Traffic, and rear view but includes XM. It also has far fewer voice commands then the rest of the Honda/Acura lineup for some reason? The RL and MDX NAVI’s have the TC w/ FCD, XM, and rear view w/ the RL having Real Time traffic via service for a fee. The Accord w/ NAVI has the TC FCD and XM but no rear view or Real Time Traffic.

___I would think long and hard before adding the basic NAVI to an HCH-II or 06 EX. NAVI is great but there many other NAVI options available that are far less expensive. Just make sure you purchase with your eyes wide open is all …

Hi xcel; thanks for the additional info. on Nav's.

Terry

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-20-2005 at 05:59 PM. Reason: answer did not show up/comments
Old 10-20-2005, 05:59 PM

I think if you don't get navi you won't have an opening to put an aftermarket radio and/or navi screen.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by tklaus
Forgive my ignorance, but what is 'TC w/ FCD'? Are these features that only the high-end Acuras have?

thanks!
FCD = Acronym used by Honda for Fuel Consumption Display

TC = Acronym for Trip Computer which is a feature available on NAVI equipped Honda Accord's.

PS I got this info from our Glossary

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/glossary.php

Old 10-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Enthusiast

cool, thanks for the link.

So am I reading tigerhonaker's post correctly in that the HCH2 does NOT have an FCD display on the NAVI screen? I was really hoping for something like that

Old 10-20-2005, 07:57 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Actually, I have the NAV in my '05 Ody. I LOVE IT! You're correct that there are a lot of other less expensive options. But having it integrated is fantastic and the voice commands are a great way to enter information into the NAV without removing your hands from the wheel or eyes from the road. In addition, you can adjust the climate control, including rear defroster and the radio by voice command. Adjusting the radio by voice command is also nice since the radio on the HCH is integrated into the NAV and there aren't discrete buttons on the radio. You can use the buttons on the steering wheel, but they cannot do everything. It is nice to be able to switch from FM preset 1 to XM preset 6 using one command. The main thing is learning the commands so that it understands you. It takes some time, but I mastered it well in a few weeks.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Mochisushi:

___I run the 05 Accord EX-L w/ NAVI (see sig) and if it were not for the TC w/ FCD, it would be an overly expensive NAVI unit. I really like it a lot too as it is built in and has Voice recognition but in our 03 MDX, I did not order her w/ NAVI. I did order it with the OEM RES which the family has enjoyed over and above what a NAVI can provide on the entertainment side of the equation For NAVI in that vehicle, I am using a Compaq iPAQ w/ a serial based GPS receiver and Mapopolis which has more features and options then the NAVI in the Pilot, Ody, Accord, Civic, RL, MDX, TL … although it lacks voice recognition (it does have voice direction). You can purchase the Real Time Traffic option for Mapopolis for a lesser monthly fee if you are setup for it as well … At $1,800 + MSRP for the Accord’s NAVI, it was not really worth it other then for the TC and especially the FCD imho

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Sounds like a cool unit...but if I put that on my dash, where do I put my radar detector? I'll have to check it out.

As for the Honda NAV, it IS pretty expensive...but I think of it as another toy...and us guys can't have too many of those. My wife would disagree, though...

Quick Reply: 2006 HCH First Drive...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands