2005 AT-PZEV HCH, bought in NY moving to CA

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Eye am teh smartey
Default 2005 AT-PZEV HCH, bought in NY moving to CA

Hey guys,

I bought my HCH in May this year in New York state, which means it's the AT-PZEV model. I recently accepted a job offer in California. I'm not going to have any trouble registering it there, am I? Do all HCH AT-PZEV's sold in the US have california emissions?

Old 10-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 AT-PZEV HCH, bought in NY moving to CA

I've been wondering about that too.. I actually don't think you should have any problems as long as you get a smog check and it passes. They will brief you when you register at the DMV. But to tell the truth, I have known people who lived here for years with out of state plates!

Originally Posted by n1ywb
Hey guys,

I bought my HCH in May this year in New York state, which means it's the AT-PZEV model. I recently accepted a job offer in California. I'm not going to have any trouble registering it there, am I? Do all HCH AT-PZEV's sold in the US have california emissions?

Old 10-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi N1ywb:

___You will have no trouble registering it at all even if it was the LEV model. Since it is the PZEV and you are moving to a clean fuel state, your much longer PZEV warranty will carry over as well!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Eye am teh smartey

Originally Posted by blueskies
I've been wondering about that too.. I actually don't think you should have any problems as long as you get a smog check and it passes. They will brief you when you register at the DMV. But to tell the truth, I have known people who lived here for years with out of state plates!
Thats good to know. The CA DMV says you have 20 days from start of employment in CA to register your car! F-that! I won't even have enough money to pay the use-tax for a couple of months. But when you do go to register it how do you convince them that you're still within the 20 days window?

Old 10-01-2005, 11:48 AM

I didn't register my car in IL for a long time. They don't ask how long you have been in a state when you transfer registration. In my case it was just standard paperwork like car VIN make, model, and current address. nothing about when I moved or anything like that.

Old 10-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Call the AAA.
The Southern California version is called Auto Club of Southern California, ACSC

Here are some of their phone numbers.
Call them tomorrow, monday, they will know.

http://www.aaa-calif.com/dosearch/contact.asp#phone

Originally Posted by n1ywb
Hey guys,