'06 HCH II Dash Mat

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool '06 HCH II Dash Mat

I just ordered a dashboard mat for my Mag Pearl HCH. When I get it in I'll post pics. Anyone else got one?

Don

Old 01-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: '06 HCH II Dash Mat

We have one for our '05. It's coming up in a lot of places and slides around a lot mainly I think because we won't use the velcro (it sticks to the dash). I am very curious if you have better luck. Looking forward to your pictures.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Enthusiast

Dash mat?! I have never understood why people buy these things - can you help me understand why you have one?

Old 01-24-2006, 09:06 AM

For some cars (my Subaru SVX), the dash was curved in such a way that the sun always reflected on the inside of the windshield. During the day, it was quite annoying. Also in some parts of the country, Phoenix in particular, the sun tends to beat down on the dash and destroy it. Personally, I think the later reason is a throw back to the old days and dash material is very different now and quite durable.

Those are the two reasons I know.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:53 AM

It's true that the sun reflects off the '06 dashboard onto the windshield. Don, where'd you buy the dashboard cover from?

Old 01-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: '06 HCH II Dash Mat

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
It's true that the sun reflects off the '06 dashboard onto the windshield. Don, where'd you buy the dashboard cover from?
http://www.dashmat.com was the place I ordered it.

Regarding the reasoning, I have a '99 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel that has been parked outside for the last 7 years. The dashboard started cracking about 3 years ago. I ordered a dashmat for it just to cover the cracks.

With this car, I hope to prevent that by getting the dashmat while it's new. SWMBO uses the garage, so I'm relegated to parking in the hot Southern California sun.

Don

Old 01-24-2006, 02:23 PM

I have a custom sun shade for my Escape and love it. Living in Phoenix, it's an absolute necessity. I've tried those that just roll up or fold. The custom sun shade is the only way to go. Unfortunately, they don't make them for the '06 yet.

DashMat have been doing it the longest and they are right here in Tempe.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: '06 HCH II Dash Mat

Originally Posted by AZMerf
I have a custom sun shade for my Escape and love it. Living in Phoenix, it's an absolute necessity. I've tried those that just roll up or fold. The custom sun shade is the only way to go. Unfortunately, they don't make them for the '06 yet.

DashMat have been doing it the longest and they are right here in Tempe.
Cool -- can you get me a "knows someone who knows someone who's local" discount?

Heh,

Don

Old 02-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: '06 HCH II Dash Mat

I've been away on business for the past week. Dashmat was here when I got home. I'll post pics when I can.

Don

Old 02-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

dshelma... post a pic of the swimbo to... to see if its really worthy...

Quick Reply: '06 HCH II Dash Mat

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands