View Poll Results: Would you purchase your 2006 Accord Hybrid again?
Absolutely! I love this car.
70.83%
No. I should have purchased a Camry Hybrid.
20.83%
No. I should have purchased a Civic Hybrid.
0%
No. I should have purchased a Prius Hybrid.
8.33%
No. I should have purchased something else.
0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy another HAH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Would you buy another Honda Accord Hybrid? (HAH)

Okay, I'm faced with a pretty tough decision. Purchase a HCH, get great gas mileage and lousy performance, or purchase a HAH and get great performance but mediocre mileage. To help me decide I thought I would enlist you 2006 HAH owners.

To add to the fun, I currently have a dealer who's willing to discount the HAH with Nav by 11%. Yes, that's right 11%. The other dealer who has the HCH will not budge at all.

*** IMPORTANT ***

Okay you other Hybrid owners, I know it's tempting to have some fun with this survey and totally trash the Accord Hybrid, but please cut me some slack. I'm really struggling with this decision.

Kelly

Last edited by kcrossley; 07-14-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Would you buy another HAH?

Aaah! I noticed it said 2006 after I voted. So, you'll have to deduct one vote from the "absolutely" option.

But to respond to a few other things you said, the HCH, although geared towards great fuel economy (FE), definitely isn't a lousy performer.

Do some looking around in these threads. Even use the search function. You'll find all kinds of reasons why buyers have purchased one vehicle over another. And, if you'd like, post what you'd be looking for in a vehicle and we'll try to give you an honest opinion of if certain cars would suit your needs.

And, definitely get out there and test drive each vehicle you're interested in! And don't buy until you've test driven them all!

Old 07-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good advice and no problem on the 05 post. Where should I post my requirements? BTW, testing driving any hybrid in and around the Baltimore/Washington area is nearly impossible. Most dealers don't have any. Those that do will only let you drive them a mile or two so you can't get a good feel for the car.

I miss the days when the dealer would make a copy your license, give you the keys, and say "Go ahead and drive it around for a while", meaning a half hour or so. Plus, now they want to go with you, which is a little intimidating.

Kelly

Last edited by kcrossley; 07-14-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:56 PM

I miss the overnight test drives. I understand the whole liability issue, but it's hard to gauge the driveability of a vehicle if you can't take it on routes you normally drive. Such as, commuting to and from work.

Plus, most dealerships have a predefined test drive route that rarely gets the vehicle up to speed, puts it over harsh bumps, or get to feel how it reacts in cornering. I had to 'ask' to get the salesman to let me take the HCH up onto the highway. I wanted to feel out well it accelerated up onramps. Which, I was satisfied with. But if I wasn't able to take it onto a highway, how would I have known that?

It's always hard to test drive a vehicle which is in high demand and supply is low. The dealer knows if you don't buy it, the next person will. So it's hard to get them to bend on most things.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:57 PM

Oh, and post your requirements here if you'd like. Or, start another thread in the Model Comparisons section.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

oops, my positive reply was for the 2005 also, I didn't read "2006" until after I voted. I love my HAH! It's so comfortable and fun to drive that I always look forward to being behind the wheel...it's much more than just FE transportation. But the FE is a great bonus. Recent example: family outing last evening for an extended family reunion, 2 adults and 2 teens in roomy comfort, 28 miles one way (60% interstate @ 70 mph), 40.6 mpg, round trip 56 miles 38.8 mpg...you gotta love it!

Old 07-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

The only problem with my 2006 Accord Hybrid is that I enjoy driving it so much I don't necessarily look for the shortest route to get to my destination, which somewhat defeats the purpose of having a more efficient vehicle.

Old 07-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VMA131Marine
The only problem with my 2006 Accord Hybrid is that I enjoy driving it so much I don't necessarily look for the shortest route to get to my destination, which somewhat defeats the purpose of having a more efficient vehicle.
Now, that's the word I was looking for — FUN! What good is a car, hybrid or not, if you can't have a little F - U - N? Besides, while the Prius and Civic Hybrid owners are laughing at me because of my lower FE, they'll be doing so in my REAR VIEW MIRROR. Have a great weekend and thanks for helping me with my decision.

Kelly

Old 07-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

By the way, have any of you hybrid owners seen this epsiode of South Park? http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/++1002/video/97891

WARNING! This episode, like most, contains some profanity and a rather warped sense of humor, so if you're offended by that kind of stuff please don't watch it. Make sure the kids don't either. And remember hybrid owners, it's just comedy, so don't get all wound up. I'll be a hybrid owner soon and I thought it was hilarious. Enjoy.

Kelly

Last edited by kcrossley; 07-15-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Enthusiast

I think it depends on what your highest priority is. I love my HAH because it's the nicest car I've ever owned and it gets better mileage than anything I've owned. But I recognize it's not getting the BEST FE available. For me, the extra power is less important than the overall comfort, room, ride and feel. I have second thoughts about passing on the better FE of the Prius and the HCH. I'm sure I would be happy if I'd bought the Prius, so long as I didn't know what I was missing with the HAH. And even then, I could probably view the HAH as "too much car" and stay happy. It's a matter of personal taste. I wouldn't presume to tell you what kind of beer is best, either. Whatever you choose, you'll be happy even though there will be room for regret. I try to remember to be grateful that this is the kind of question I must ponder.

Quick Reply: Would you buy another HAH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands