What would you like to see in future HAHs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default What would you like to see in future HAHs?

I'd like to see the return of the '05 rear end, but with LED lamps.

I'd like to see factory installed tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS). Being able to see each tire's pressure and temps in the Navi display would be cool. And it would alert you when it drops below a preset PSI. Seeing that blowouts would leave you stranded on the side of the road, this should have been a standard option in the '05!

I'd like driver AND PASSENGER power seats, with two position memory seats. Like in the Acura TL. And the seats are controlled by the transmitter in the key. Like, when you use your key to unlock the car, it'll change the seat and steering wheel to where you last left it. It'll also set your climate control temps and radio presets and mirrors to where you last left it. And when your significant other uses her key, it'll do the same for her, but to her settings. All this is already included in the Acura TL, so it isn't too much to ask for!

I'd like to see perforated leather seats. I have no complaints to the comfort of the seats as I've had this car since it was 115 degrees outside and they weren't unbearable, but being able to breathe easier would make the seats just that much more comfortable. Also, it's been as low as high 30s here in Phoenix as of late, and the heated seats work quite well. So no complaints on their cold weather functioning as well.

I'd like to see a battery pack designed around the fold down center of the regular Accords, so that we can have that as an option. Not that I ever carry things that long as to need to stick them through the seat, but one day, I might.

I'd like a switch on the steering wheel so that I can flip through channels on the AM/FM/XM, not just the presets.

I'd sacrifice SOME power for more FE. But not much! I still like my get up and go!

Maybe make the car run on assist more at low speeds. Like parking lot speeds. And even make it use assist on slow acceleration, not just when accelerating rapidly.

I'd like to see a stop on the shifter when the tranny is shifted into D. I haven't had the problem of going into D3, but that's probably because I learned of this problem from other members on this forum that's had this problem and I'm more aware of it because of their posts and watch out for it. If I've never read about this problem on this forum, I may have fell into the same trap.

I'd like to see the Navi tied into the satellite system some how that when updated Navi POIs and streets are available, they're automatically downloaded to our cars for immediate use. This could even work for construction updates, and the Navi can route you around construction zones, if you so choose.

I'd like more Navi voice options. Only for fun, though. Now it says, MALE and FEMALE. Maybe add MEXICAN (some dude with a Cheech accent). Or GANGSTA. "Yo dawg, hang a left up there..." "You missed your turn, biatch! Rerouting playa" Okay, maybe not. But it would be cool!

Last edited by bar10dah; 12-09-2005 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What would you like to see in future HAHs?

I think the problem is that Honda may deliberately withold these from the upper level Hondas...to get you to walk into the Acura showroom.

What I want is what I've got in an I4!!!!!!!!!! More precisely, everything the HCHII has, approproately scaled and engineered for the Accord chasis.

I love having the power for those rare spots I use anywhere near that much, but 98% of the time I simply don't need it! I'd rather have guaranteed 45+ mpg on the highway and an EV/glide mode- doesn't even have to be as robust as the HCHII seems to be- I'll take a simple <10mph parking lot creep mode, and valves sealed EVERY time foot is off the gas.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Enthusiast

I want Bluetooth in the Nav/Sound System so I can make and recieve calls through the system with my Bluetooth phone.

I want to be able to upload/download addresses and calendar events from my PocketPC to/from the nav system. Maybe a USB port. It kind of sucks when I have the appointment & address in my PDA, but to get directions to it, I need to navigate back through the screens in the car. This can be hazardous while driving and time consuming while parked.

I would like to be able to run electric only while in stop and go traffic. ie speeds where you would take your foot off the brake but don't necessarily need to apply the gas much or at all. Basically 5-10 mpg electric only mode.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Commuter of Many Miles

Heated side view mirrors, and heated seats/rear window defrosters that actually worked. I can't believe how slow the seats heat up. This am the rear window defroster performed miserably as well.

Not nearly as nice a winter car as my Deville....love the heated steering wheel, and the seats heat up almost instantaneoulsy.

Old 12-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

HID headlights. More than once I have checked to make sure my lights are on when they already were...I can't see anything with the low beam headlights in my 2005 HAH...almost a safety issue. I'm seriously considering a HID conversion kit just to be able to see where I am going.