Stop Motor Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 08:13 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Stop Motor Light

Why is my 05 HAH STOP LIGHT not working anymore? I just noticed this week that when I am sitting at a light the Stop Motor light won't come and flash and my tach doesn't zero out with the motor idiling. This possibly a fuse out or something more serious? Help!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Stop Motor Light

You mean auto stop?

When the motor is idling, the car isn't in auto stop. And that's why you're not seeing the auto stop light and seeing the tach drop to zero. So, you're okay!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Then just what really is Auto Stop. Im new at this because I have only had this car a few months. I have notice when I come to a light and stopped thats when my car will go into Auto Stop.
My car has over 90000 miles and I thought my battery could have been my problem.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Did your car come with the owner's manual? There's a lot of good information in there. The car also came with a quickstart quide that talks about a few of the features of the car that's also a good read. If you don't have those things, I think some of the stuff is actually available from www.ahm-ownerlink.com. Check out that link when you've got the chance.

Auto stop is a feature that allows the car to shut down the gasoline engine when slowing down below 8 MPH when certain conditions are met. The engine will remain off for as long as you remain stopped, and the hybrid batteries have enough reserves left. You'll notice auto stop when the tachometer drops to 0 and the auto stop lamp begins flashing. You should also notice that the car's engine is off and not idling anymore.

I've got to take off for a bit. If someone else hasn't already come by and described the auto stop process for you, I'll do it when I get back.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

If you are idling, you are not in auto-stop mode. If engine is warmed up and hybrid batteries have 3 or more bars, you should be in auto stop mode when you are fully stopped. If not, check if you have front defogger turned on. If yes, engine will not go into auto stop mode. Read the manual as has been suggested. It goes into more details of when the engine won't go into auto stop mode.