Stop and go traffic and mpg?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Stop and go traffic and mpg?

Thanks for the post. At this point, my choices are rather limited. I really can't afford a 2006 HAH so I feel I have two options:

1. A new 2005 HAH w/o Nav
2. A new 2006 HA-EX w/Nav and moonroof

Decisions. Decisions.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yeah, that's definitely a tight spot. I'd like a moonroof, but it's not a deal breaker. I can live without (as I am). But no Navi?? Now that I've got it, and I had to do the purchase all over again, I couldn't buy the car without it. But, seriously, for the money you'll be saving with the '05, I'd do without the factory Navi and just buy a handheld/dash mount unit.

Old 07-29-2006, 11:55 AM

Dammit!! I've gotta start my coffee at least a half hour prior to reading posts. I just noticed you said HA-EX... I'm used to that being EX-V6.

Yeah, between those cars, if you can live without the hybrid engine, and the costs were comparable, then that would definitely be a hard decision. But for me, I wanted a hybrid. Although it did cost me something like $2000 more for the HAH vs a comparably equipped EX-V6, I chose the hybrid. I like the HAH for it's technology. I definitely don't have to have the newest and baddest piece of technology around (like, how some people constantly upgrade their cellphones and computers just to have the latest technology) but I definitely wanted a car with the technology of a hybrid. I also enjoy the fact that I'm helping to promote this new technology. Not to mention, I have all the power of the V6 upon demand aaaaand the fuel economy of a 4 cyl when wanted.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Keith,

Thanks for the post. After reading way too much about the Honda Accord, there is one thing that concerns me a bit. I never noticed it before, but apparently the 05 Accords are more prone to radiator damage than the 06 models because the front grille offers no protection from road debris. Please see the images below:

05 Accord: http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/H...ages/Front.jpg

06 Accord: http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/H...2006/Front.jpg

Kelly

Old 07-29-2006, 04:35 PM

I haven't seen an '06 up close, but perhaps the radiator is in the same place and you just can't see it in the pic?

The problem:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ird.2529.html?

The solution:
http://www.grille-tech.com/detail.ht...rch=Search+%BB

I've got one of these installed on my car. It fully protects the intake from rocks, birds, evil gnomes...

Old 07-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

That's a great idea. Did you get the Race or Diamond style?

Old 07-29-2006, 06:15 PM

Diamond. I'll take a pic and post it later. I was kinda skeptical at first, but after talking to greenandblue, I thought I'd give it a try. It looks nice! And it should prove to be very functional. For $50, it's a small investment to prevent a possible $700 problem. I definitely agree, what was Honda thinking??

Old 07-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kcrossley
I never noticed it before, but apparently the 05 Accords are more prone to radiator damage than the 06 models because the front grille offers no protection from road debris.
I stand corrected. I went to a Honda dealer today and discovered that the 2006 and 2005 have the exact same worthless plastic piece in front of the grille. I believe the reason you can see the 05's grille in the picture I posted better is either because the 05 radiator is older and dirty, so it shows up more, or Honda painted the 06's radiator a jet black to so it blends in better.

Either way you are wise to get the protective grille. Honda engineers should have known better, unless it was done on purpose for future repair revenue. Normally I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I've seen way too much consumer manipulation in my lifetime.

Keith, how hard was the grille to install?

Last edited by kcrossley; 07-29-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:24 PM

Not hard at all! Open the hood, pop up the rivet type hold downs, pull off the cover over the front of the radiator, slide grille insert into opening, align grille insert, use zip ties to secure it, replace the cover, pop back in the rivet hold downs, close the hood.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:38 PM
Enthusiast

Can't you add some type of netting(I heard rain gutter stuff) down there? Zip tie it and it should keep the bugs out along with debris.

Quick Reply: Stop and go traffic and mpg?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands