I saw an HAH for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Clueless Enthusiast
Default I saw an HAH for sale.

Howdy Everyone,

I'm not sure if HAHs are hard to find but I saw a pretty nice one at a Honda dealership in Newark, Delaware. It is a white, 2005 with a tan leather interior and seemed like it had all the bells and whistles. It looked great and drove really nice; peppy! It has about 47,000 miles and the dealership is asking $20,000.

There is a salesman there that I like; he's really laid back and easy to deal with. I guarantee that if you buy a car from him you will get a birthday card every year for the rest of your life! His name is Bruce Blake and his number is: 302-738-5200 ext 321.

Happy hunting,

Eric

Old 04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I saw an HAH for sale.

I would think the demand for a HAH will only increase as the fuel price heads for $4 a gallon. I'm sure glad my wife chose one for her ride! I wonder if Honda is regretting their decision now..

Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I saw an HAH for sale.

I can't say I have ever seen a used HAH for sale. I just searched cars.com and there is not a single HAH, used or new, from any of the model years for sale within 250 miles of where I live. I would guess HAH is hard to find. At this point even all the new 2007 HAH might be gone everywhere.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: I saw an HAH for sale.

Personally, I wouldn't get a 2004-2005 model...there were many electrical problems and such, apparently. But I just bought a 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid off Craigslist for $20,500 (one-owner; no dealer fees for "window tint", "undercoating",etc.). I changed out the nerdy-looking wheels - had some people at an Import Auto shop get me 4 stock 2006 Honda 10-spoke sport wheels, then the front calipers had to be ground down a bit at the tire store...but it was only a minor modification. Now it is sporty looking, but not "snooty"
It is an engineering marvel! It is a MUSCLE CAR! (a teenager raced me the other day in his Mustang, and I blew his doors off). It has sound-dampening, takes regular gas, gives you a tax rebate, 4-doors for the family, out-accelerates the new 2008 hondas (and quieter), with better fuel mileage than similar acceleration cars (BMW, Mercedes, Lexus), and takes "Regular" gas (unlike Nissan, Acura). Light sport suspension and steering give it a sports car feel...good visibility.
Some people are unloading theirs due to a complex problem with the brakes, that continue to develop air in the lines despite changing the master cylinder (like in my case). The defect is a Control Module for the ABS Anti-lock brakes (covered for 2nd owners under warranty if under 36,000 mi). Brakes are good now that its fixed (even though Hondas don't generally have great brakes) - the ABS kicks inn a little too easily; watch your speed, it will drift from 90 up to 110 without even breathing hard.