HAH Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default HAH Pricing

Considering how big a flop the HAH was in the showroom, do you think it's still commanding a premium over a loaded EX? KBB thinks so but I'm not too sure and my seller is asking about 1000. too much as she's upside down in the car.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HAH Pricing

Not much to go on here is there, Mileage, condition, year, carfax. I would say if KBB lists it for more, and that is the source you want to go with, then it is. You might also look at edmunds and oh the orange one, can't think of the name....
If she simply wants $1,000 more than it is worth because she is upside down and won't budge with the KBB pricing, keep looking.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Problem is is that it's only 3 miles away and the rest are at stealers asking book retail although I tink with eachpassing day the book can be tossed out the window.

And she can't be too eager to sell as the for sale sign in the window lists it as 23k and now there's 21k on it.

Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I know you've been back and forth about buying this lady's car. But if it's the car you want, then the book price is irrelevant. It's really up to you if $21K is what you're willing to spend for it, no matter if the book says $11K or $31K.

I'm a shopper, so I'd be going to each car that was close enough and scrutinize each one. Then I'd make my decision based on the quality of the car first and the price second. I'm willing to pay $1K more for a car if it's in better shape and has a better history than the rest.

I'm sure it's eating you up inside the longer you have to wait to get your new car. But, you definitely have time on your side, as you're probably right that a buyer (at her asking price) isn't coming to her anytime soon.

If I were close to you, I'd go check out a few of these cars with you to give you a hand.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good points Keith and congrats on your 1500th post.

She seems to be the lowest priced 07 w/30kish miles. Most of the other cars are at dealers who try to get as close to book retail as possible. Her car would need detailing and a 2 bumper dings that a dealer would have taken care of-not to mention new rotors. It's also perplexing that she's had this on themarket for 8000 miles and is not willing to bend on $$ at all. She will sell for 17500. I would go 17k. It's just time to bite the bullit and make the offer and walk if she balks.

And I'm eager for a new ride somewhat but honestly, an Accord's not on top of my list BUT, the 30mpgs sure are. Tired of facing all these mideast wetbacks every 3 days at the filling stations. They're nice rides but to me it's a civic dutymobile-doubling my gas efficiency. If everyone hadf an HAH, we could tell Ahmadinnerjacket to smell our finger. That's my main motivation to get an HAH and not a Maserati coupe like my pal in France(11mpgs). Whew, what a ramblin' rant!