HAH Engine Air Filter (clean/dirty)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default HAH Engine Air Filter (clean/dirty)

I didn't think of taking pics of the engine air filter replacement, like I've done for the CAF and oil change. But, I did remember to take pics of the clean/dirty filters side-by-side.

This filter has about 28K on it. I drive in the desert southwest and cross the deserts around here pretty often, so there's a lot of dust and dirt in the air around here. I'd imagine going 30K intervals would be okay if you don't live in a desert (or high pollen) area.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HAH Engine Air Filter (clean/dirty)

If you want to tackle replacing your engine air filter yourself, the black airbox is located on the driver side of the engine compartment. Look for it between the battery and the fuse box. There are four screws in each of the corners. The screwhead is a combination of a phillips head and an 8mm socket. I prefer the socket as the screw heads are easy to strip with a screwdriver. After undoing all the screws (they won't get lost, as they don't come out completely) you'll have to wiggle and shake the box to get it to come up enough to be able to slide the old air filter out and new air filter in. With all the wires that are connected to it, you won't be able to get it far off the box.

If you get an OEM Honda filter, they'll have arrows that show you which way is up, and which way is front. If you get an aftermarket filter, I don't know if they'll have the same markings, so be sure to remember how your old filter came out (note the tabs) to be sure to put the new filter in the same way.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Enthusiast

hii
I have accord hybrid V6 3.0L i got 15 mpg inside city non can know the reason any help ?

Old 06-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

If you have a lot of "stop and go" on your trip then it is not a surprise. HAH is only efficient on a highway. 15 mpg looks just a little too low for me. My city average is about 18 mpg.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

As drozzin said, "stop and go" will kill mpg. My daily drive in the city is full of stop lights. I rarely get more than 0.5 mile of non-stop driving. My mpg drops to 18 during cold winter months (I am in Colorado). It improves to 24-25 in summer. Over the weekend when I am still driving in the city but over different roads where I get longer than 0.5 mile stretches of non-stop driving, I can see my mpg climb up. With mostly longer than 0.5 mile stretches of non-stop driving, I can see 27 mpg in the city in summer.