Anyone install Bluetooth Parrot CK3100 car kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone install Bluetooth Parrot CK3100 car kit?

I was just wondering if there are any issues with installing the Parrot CK3100 in a HAH w/ navi... The only thing that makes me nervous would be that it could potentially interfere with the voice command prompts on the navi.

The place I am looking at buying it from said that they had installed one in a HAH, but that it didn't have the navi.

I tried talking with someone at the dealership but they said they don't recommend any "after-market" add-ons - so no help there...(of course).

Old 01-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Anyone install Bluetooth Parrot CK3100 car kit?

Just in case anyone is interested...the Parrot CK3100 works perfectly. I had it installed in the "cubby-hole" space just below the DVD slot.

The voice recognition is awesome - no buttons to push! I just say "phone" and then the name I wish it to dial - it mutes the stereo/XM/CD automatically and then dials! It also mutes the voice on the navi (when it is giving directions) so it does not interfere with the call as well. No problems with the voice commands/recognition on the navi either.

Definitely the way to go...(but then I didn't like using the headset in the car...even with the volume up, the clarity just wasn't there...and my battery would usually die ...)
(and no, I do not work for Parrot ).

Old 01-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone install Bluetooth Parrot CK3100 car kit?

Hi,

I saw your posting. I have a 2005 accord ex-L (non Hybrid), and I am in the process of buying a parrot 3200 or 3100. I want to know witch adaptor did you used to connect the mute fonction to the actual radio

I have the 6 disc cd changer radio with dual climate control. I asume you have the same in your accord

Thanks

Old 01-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Lenrage,

This is not my area of expertise so I hunted down a Master Technician to do the install . Since my navi had voice commands that I wanted muted as well as the stereo, I wanted to make sure this was done the right way.

But it does sound like our HA's are similar...therefore, if I stop by the place where I had it installed this weekend, I'll be more than happy to ask them your question and then post their response.

Cheers!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Enthusiast

Wondering? did you ever get this installed?

Old 06-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Enthusiast

Yes - had it installed at CarToys and was pretty pleased with the job they did. I have had no trouble with it. Would recommend.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Enthusiast

just had the parrot 3100 installed today. for the most part, it works fine, 'cept the voice recognition settings are not being saved once the unit & ignition are turned off - it appears the tech may have inverted the 12V connections / wires. will be having this fixed later this week and i'm guessing that'll be it. incoming and outgoing voice both sound great.

Last edited by robwestcott; 06-11-2007 at 09:06 PM.