Anyone change their headunit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone change their headunit?

I was wondering if anyone knows if the 05 Accord Hybrid is capable of swapping out factory head unit for and after market? will it mess up anything vital etc? or if anyone had installed please let me know

Old 08-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone change their headunit?

Climate controls are built into the head unit of all 2003-2007 Accords (hybrid or not). The difference between the hybrid and standard model accords is simply the way the climate controls continue to operate when the engine is in auto shutoff (though it's possible that may continue even with a standard head unit) and the ANC module (which is completely seperate, save the plug in our wiring harness that connects to the mics and speakers). Also of note: the ANC module is also the same part number included in the 2005+ Acura RL (it is mounted to the amplifier on the RL).

So after that long explanation, what I'm trying to get at is that you can't simply remove our head units. You can upgrade to navi (like I did) by buying a HAH navi head unit & likely you'll need a HAH navi DVD drive too. For aftermarket sounds, you want to get a kit to mount it into the lower dash bin area and have it run the speakers. If you simply hijack the speaker outs from the factory stereo, though, you will lose ANC and navi speech directions.

So in short: it's possible if you keep the factory unit, but still complex.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryven
Climate controls are built into the head unit of all 2003-2007 Accords (hybrid or not). The difference between the hybrid and standard model accords is simply the way the climate controls continue to operate when the engine is in auto shutoff (though it's possible that may continue even with a standard head unit) and the ANC module (which is completely seperate, save the plug in our wiring harness that connects to the mics and speakers). Also of note: the ANC module is also the same part number included in the 2005+ Acura RL (it is mounted to the amplifier on the RL).

So after that long explanation, what I'm trying to get at is that you can't simply remove our head units. You can upgrade to navi (like I did) by buying a HAH navi head unit & likely you'll need a HAH navi DVD drive too. For aftermarket sounds, you want to get a kit to mount it into the lower dash bin area and have it run the speakers. If you simply hijack the speaker outs from the factory stereo, though, you will lose ANC and navi speech directions.

So in short: it's possible if you keep the factory unit, but still complex.
uhm point well made sir, but I contacted a professional installation place they said it is possible to get my headunit swapped out they said they can relocate all the AC components and climate etc...but your idea of the after market and reloacted all the wireing etc to the bottom I actually was considering when I bought the car....I'm going to be looking into this more and more.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by setokazyan1
they said it is possible to get my headunit swapped out they said they can relocate all the AC components and climate etc...
This has been the biggest pain involving any stereo system upgrades in all Accords 2003-2007. If that is true I'd like to see how and I'd appreciate any info you can provide.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryven
This has been the biggest pain involving any stereo system upgrades in all Accords 2003-2007. If that is true I'd like to see how and I'd appreciate any info you can provide.
ALright will do I installed my 10 inch JL audio and 2000 watt subwoofer in using RCA converter to do all that etc stuff that works just need to get the money for the head unit/speakers etc ill let you know as soon as its done