Anyone? Bueller?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone? Bueller?

05 HAH with about 20k miles on it. Still as solid as day one and had only one interior trim piece replaced under warranty.23mpg low to 40.6 high. No engine issues or car noises, however the navigation system will take me the "long way around" once in a while The only thing I could ask for is a better view out the rear when backing up at night.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, George.
It's good to hear a few positive comments.

I put a cheap wireless backup camera on my car to help with the backing up problem. It's only about $100 (small screen, nothing fancy) and installs fairly easily.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast

Great idea Andy....and Christmas is just around the corner

Old 12-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Our 05 has been perfect, not one problem or even a recall. I feel left out for some reason.

MPG's are from 27-44ish with ease.

I own two hybrids, the biggest factor in my experience for max mpg is to run tire air pressure near the max tire rating. NEVER ABOVE.

The car is soooo refined, its somewhat boring imo.

If I were to request a change be made to it, it would simply be that the doors have a better system for staying open on their own in the mid position TILL I WANT EM CLOSED! Ever so minor yet so annoying.

No one posts about the HAH because there is very little to complain about, except maybe the resale value.

Enjoy yours.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Enthusiast

Sorry, been a way for a while. Which means NO probs for the HAH.
Well, after the drone noise was fixed, I was just elated.

This car is the best I've owned. As mentioned before, I drive a lot of different cars for work and they all fail to meet what I have come to know of how Honda approaches building a vehicle. Nissans, BMW, MBZ, almost all GM cars ( including the Caddy CTS) and a lot of Chrysler products have all been host to my driving techniques.

They all show inferior traits than the HAH. The only one close was the bmw and it had mechanical problems all the time and was brand new.

In short, this car is just a phenom to me. I am just so saddened that it has not done better sales-wise and I hope it doesnt mean that service in the future will be compromised since it was cut for 08.

Great Car. 1000% happy with purchase.
And I agree with the 'have your cake and eat it too'.

My brakes and tires are showing very little wear with almost 50K on the odometer.

And NO ( absolutely NONE) complaints on mileage. Have seen up to 50mpg; normal is 32.5.
I stop at gas stations more for using the ATM than I do for gas.

buy it, love it and keep the secret to yourself - if you can disguise the devilish grin as you PUNCH IT!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Anyone? Bueller?

Originally Posted by hyaena85
Sorry, been a way for a while. Which means NO probs for the HAH.
Well, after the drone noise was fixed, I was just elated.

This car is the best I've owned. As mentioned before, I drive a lot of different cars for work and they all fail to meet what I have come to know of how Honda approaches building a vehicle. Nissans, BMW, MBZ, almost all GM cars ( including the Caddy CTS) and a lot of Chrysler products have all been host to my driving techniques.

They all show inferior traits than the HAH. The only one close was the bmw and it had mechanical problems all the time and was brand new.

In short, this car is just a phenom to me. I am just so saddened that it has not done better sales-wise and I hope it doesnt mean that service in the future will be compromised since it was cut for 08.

Great Car. 1000% happy with purchase.
And I agree with the 'have your cake and eat it too'.

My brakes and tires are showing very little wear with almost 50K on the odometer.

And NO ( absolutely NONE) complaints on mileage. Have seen up to 50mpg; normal is 32.5.
I stop at gas stations more for using the ATM than I do for gas.

buy it, love it and keep the secret to yourself - if you can disguise the devilish grin as you PUNCH IT!
Mark,

Nice Post you just did on your thoughts and opinions of the HAH.

I agree with you that the HAH is one heck of a car.

Mine is doing just fine and look forward to having it for a long time.

Old 03-22-2008, 06:30 AM
Enthusiast

Interesting that you would have a power door lock problem.

I did too, and I had it replaced yesterday.

Sport Honda in silver spring maryland charged 185.00 for it; 35.00 for the part ( an actuator) and the rest was labor. I was pretty put off by their service - it took four hours for this. . . .

I hope this door lock thing is not an issue, as there was another lady in there for the exact problem I had.

The car just hit 50k and there were no other problems seen; still on original tires and brakes.

the pod that holds all of the window switches was vibrating under heavy bass - so I had the tech tighten it while he had my door apart ( scary to see; not for the weak) and it has been resolved by tightening the screws.

I'm kind of nervous about what I'm reading about the catalytic converters, though.. . . . . ..

Old 03-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hyaena85
Interesting that you would have a power door lock problem.

I did too, and I had it replaced yesterday.

The car just hit 50k and there were no other problems seen; still on original tires and brakes.

I'm kind of nervous about what I'm reading about the catalytic converters, though.. . . . . ..
My driver side power door lock would intermittently work. It would lock, but not unlock. Luckily, mine was covered even though I was past my warranty. And now, I see my passenger lock seems to be moving slowly. It looks like it's about to go out. When I push unlock on my keyfob, I hear the other locks pop open. But I see the passenger side lock slowly rise up, as if it doesn't want to do it. I have some experience with installing power locks, so I think if this lock goes out, I'll just buy the $35 part and install it myself.

I have about 45K on my original tires now. I'm going to measure the tread depth when I get the chance, but I'm really pleased with how well these tires are wearing. They seem to have plenty of tread left on them.

Yeah, it sucked reading about those cats in the other thread. So far, I haven't had any problems. I sure hope those were isolated cases.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
I have about 45K on my original tires now. I'm going to measure the tread depth when I get the chance, but I'm really pleased with how well these tires are wearing. They seem to have plenty of tread left on them.
I have measurements from 4/32 to 6/32. I rotate at every 10K. And I rebalanced at 25K. I suppose at 45K, that's pretty good. Now, I'm curious as to the tread depth when new. Anyone know?

Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah, I love my 2005 HAH! Got it 2nd hand a few months ago. Fast and efficient. I can easily get 30 - 35 mpg in mixed city/highway driving if I try just a little bit. That also includes some spirited accellerations on the on ramps. Smooth + comfortable. I can't immagine a car that's this quick and comfortable that even comes close in matching the milage of the HAH. The higher the gas prices go ($4 anyone???), the bigger my grin gets!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone? Bueller?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands