Anyone? Bueller?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone? Bueller?

I'm a recent owner and I've barely driven the car, as my wife's needs a four seater and I don't. Later this month, she'll be getting her new gas guzzler and I'll begin using the HAH for my daily commute.

Anyway, every post and topic on this forum has been negative for the past several months: poor resale value, this noise, that noise, poorer than EPA estimated mileage, bad service, etc.

So the question becomes... is anyone out there happy with their Accord Hybrid (besides Tigerhonker )? Hope to hear from some of you!

Regards,
Andy

Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone? Bueller?

I am quite happy with my 2006 HAH. I have not had any problems that I would call nasty. I also own a 2006 Accord EX-V6 6MT and I consistently get 6-7 mpg more with my HAH under similar driving conditions which meets the expectation I had from HAH. I only wish it had manual transmission

Old 10-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks. That's somewhat of a relief!

Old 10-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Most of the HAH owners are very happy with their cars! Just go back and read some of the older threads and you'll see. It just so happens that most of the HAH owners here have moved onto other things outside of this forum. Still, some still lurk and chime in when they can.

I've sort of done the same thing. I was pretty active last year, but I've got a lot going on lately and don't find much time for GH.

To answer your question, after over two years and 40K miles, I STILL LOVE MY HAH! Just like a few others have commented in another thread, good FE while at the same time plenty of HP for some "spirited" driving when needed. I've never had a major problem with my HAH. The only real repair was resurfacing my rotors and replacing my driver door power lock. I've been averaging 30 mpg due to the fact that 90% of my driving is in the city around metro Phoenix. However, I can almost always get 35-45 mpg on the long distance highway runs.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast

My HAH is the nicest car I've ever owned. It is extremely smooth, powerful when I want it to be, and very fuel efficient when I tend to that. 48K miles and no problems at all. I'm very satisfied. It is the only car I have ever owned which, after two years, I still look forward to driving. I hope you have the same experience. (Tho the spare tire package on my '05 is ridiculous. It's a small issue; I just pack around one of the studded tires.)

Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I found the part numbers for the spare tire kit in one of these threads on this site and ordered it from a local dealer. I believe I paid less than $200 for it.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Enthusiast

We love our car so far (~25,000 mi.) except for the dealer's guys forgetting to tighten the oil drain plug after the last oil change. Luckily, no damage done. However, I changed jobs at the beginning of this year and I just don't get the time to chat on the internet like I used to.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I'm glad to hear it. I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by my mileage (around 22MPG). That's just a little worse than my old Audi TT (3.2l 4WD, driven much more aggressively).

I am impressed by the "fit and finish" of the car, though. None of the noises, etc that everyone here is complainaing about, but only about 2000 miles so far. The voice-activation is a bit gimmicky, but works pretty well (and is much more user-friendly than the one in my wife's Mercedes).

Old 12-09-2007, 03:22 AM
Enthusiast

I've got a 2005 HAH with 78K and it's a great car. The (past) Check engine light issue was more than likely the cheap gas and some erratic driving on some two lane roads. The car still drives like new (it's a Honda).

I have started seeing 27MPG lately vs. the 30MPG that was the norm. I am not driving to OH as much and wondering if the winter gas forumla (and or Ethanol). It might also be my driving style .

JG

Old 12-09-2007, 07:28 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Anyone? Bueller?

Originally Posted by andylee
I'm a recent owner and I've barely driven the car, as my wife's needs a four seater and I don't. Later this month, she'll be getting her new gas guzzler and I'll begin using the HAH for my daily commute.

Anyway, every post and topic on this forum has been negative for the past several months: poor resale value, this noise, that noise, poorer than EPA estimated mileage, bad service, etc.

So the question becomes... is anyone out there happy with their Accord Hybrid (besides Tigerhonker )? Hope to hear from some of you!

Regards,
Andy

Andy,

I don't have the time I use to but if I did I would go back and Link you to Post I have done on some of the Vehicles I have owned over the past 35-40 Yrs. I say this because the number would just amaze you I think. So with that in mind here is my comments on the HAH 2007 I own now along with my wifes Mercedes.

As I have said in many Forums and this one. The HAH is a GREAT-CAR. Even if it was not a Hybrid. I just dropped by here to see if there was any additional Post on this HAH Forum and see yours.

The FE (Fuel Economy) varies all over the place. This is a very Matter-of-Fact Statement. Drive it like you are more concerned about Fuel Economy and it delivers. However drive it like I find that I have been doing now for months and the FE is around 26-27 MPG. I can live with that knowing that I am driving at interstate speeds of 70-80 miles per hour and enjoying the heck out of the car. It is truly a dual purpose car as I have just pointed out.

The really Cool-Thing is that the HAH can do it all. FE or Speed or a Combination of Either. Owner can have his or her cake and eat it to.

BTW, the comments here are just to let you know that the HAH IMHO has something for everyone. The Nav. I Love and the nice Quiet-Ride is Great.

I hope you will come to enjoy your driving experience and ownership of the HAH as many of us here have and do on a daily basis.

Sorry about the Very-Late Post but as others have said I work from 6:00AM to 6:00PM Monday thru Friday so I have not had much Free time to be on GH or the other Forums.

As far as resale on the HAH that is of little importance unless you trade vehicles every Year. I use to trade every 3-6 months for yrs on end. That was then though and not now. So I chose the HAH to keep it for a long time and enjoy all it's Greatness !!!!!!

Have not been Disappointed !!!!!

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 12-09-2007 at 07:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone? Bueller?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands