3 Q's on '06 HAH (thanks for your help)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default 3 Q's on '06 HAH (thanks for your help)

1) according to Cnet there's a slot right under the DVD drive in NAV equipped HAH's which accepts some type of flash memory card for music, can anyone confirm?
2) does the car come with an alarm system at all, or just auto locking doors with no alarm?
3) how many gallons do you get in the tank in real world before you need to fill up (I know the capacity but no one drives to the last drop realistically)

Old 09-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter
Default Re: 3 Q's on '06 HAH (thanks for your help)

Originally Posted by Ucla95
1) according to Cnet there's a slot right under the DVD drive in NAV equipped HAH's which accepts some type of flash memory card for music, can anyone confirm?
2) does the car come with an alarm system at all, or just auto locking doors with no alarm?
3) how many gallons do you get in the tank in real world before you need to fill up (I know the capacity but no one drives to the last drop realistically)
1. Don't know but don't think so - never drove the Nav version but I'm doubting it. The stereo is pretty "basic" (I'd say the element has a better system)
2. Yes. A "security system" that keeps the (locked) doors from being opened without the key (if you were to key lock the doors with the windows open then reach in and unlock the door by hand and open the door - you wake up the neighbors. Been there-done that.)
3. 17.1 Gallons total capacity. I don't know what the real world use of that is and what the safety factor is, but you get a "fuel low" warning light when you get down on E. You should have a good 30-ish miles but most people are too nervous to push that.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
3. 17.1 Gallons total capacity. I don't know what the real world use of that is and what the safety factor is, but you get a "fuel low" warning light when you get down on E. You should have a good 30-ish miles but most people are too nervous to push that.
I routinely drive over 100 miles after that stupid light comes on. My best estimate is there is still 4 gallons in the tank when the light comes on. The most gas I have put in is 16.5 gallons.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:25 AM

I gassed it up "right after" the warning light came on, and it took 14.1 gallons, so you have ~ 3-ish gallons left when the lite comes on, which is PLENTY of time to find a station (unless you're driving through the Nevada desert!)

Old 10-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast

According to the manual, you have 2.62 gallons left when the low fuel light comes on.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:42 PM
2006 Accord hybrid

The manual states that slot is only used for factory purposes and not for music.

When my fuel light comes on it says i have about 80-100 miles left, and im to scared to go that far to check if its correct.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

Interesting thing happened today. I was on "E" and pulled in to fill -- according to the pump, I put in 18.39 gallons. According to the manual, my car holds 17.09 gallons. Is the pump wrong? Or does the '06 HAH hold more than the 17.09 gallons?

Old 10-09-2006, 07:08 PM

18.39? No way. I filled up this evening after driving with the light on for > 60 miles. 15.3 gallons. I think the pump is suspect.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Enthusiast

It's actually quite a sophisticated anti-theft and alarm system - look here and play the demo:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...=Accord+Hybrid

We get +/- 400 miles to a tank driving around town, and 500+ miles to a tank out on the highway. I calculate that even using premium gasoline we are saving at least $100 in gas for every 1000 miles that we drive compared to our previous minivan.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by citywolf
Interesting thing happened today. I was on "E" and pulled in to fill -- according to the pump, I put in 18.39 gallons. According to the manual, my car holds 17.09 gallons. Is the pump wrong? Or does the '06 HAH hold more than the 17.09 gallons?
... or is the pump at the station over-charging you by recording more gas than is actually going in the tank??

Quick Reply: 3 Q's on '06 HAH (thanks for your help)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands