05 HAH Heated Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default 05 HAH Heated Seats

Who has this small problem? On some days my heated leather seat feel as if the heat is on, even in AC. I had leather in my other car a 04 Buick Regal and never did I ever feel like they were on in the summer. I could just pull the fuse I guess but that won't solve the real problem.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 05 HAH Heated Seats

I had a 2 door 05 V6 accord coupe and it was the same way...I'd find myself reaching down and checking to see if I had bumped the buttons all the time but I hadn't. Weird.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm always looking. There has to be a problem here, but what? Hey thanks for writing back its like on this site nobody shows up very often. You have any other sites where people are on more often?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

I used to be active a long time ago on honda-tech.com when I had my 90 accord, and then my 05 accord, but they are definitely more of a performance group. Not sure where any other active HAH groups are, my accord was a 6 speed coupe and I just happened to glance at your post a chuckle because my wife and I were the same way with the leather. My coupe even had perforated leather to supposedly stay cooler and would still get hot.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lebloom
Who has this small problem? On some days my heated leather seat feel as if the heat is on, even in AC. I had leather in my other car a 04 Buick Regal and never did I ever feel like they were on in the summer. I could just pull the fuse I guess but that won't solve the real problem.
I have found myself double checking seat heater switch on hot days in my '06 HAH because it indeed felt like I turned seat heater on accidentally. Of course the seat heater was off every time.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

There's got to be a solution to this other than second guessing yourself all the time. I have had leather in my last 3 cars counting this one and neither of the first two had this feel. Either the Accord runs hot directly under the seating or the heater has some type of malfunction? This is very aggrevating you know? Must be my metabolism causing this....

Old 07-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

i don't remember where the exhaust was routed under the car, but it could be something as simple as the floor heating up underneath the driver seat and eventually heating up the seat...

Old 07-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I haven't noticed any additional heat from my HAH's seat. I've owned cars with leather seats before and don't feel a difference concerning heat. The only difference I feel in these seats is they're a bit stiffer, which I like. I don't feel like I 'roll around' in the seat on spirited driving.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know about the exhaust idea. It could be but I've noticed this mostly in the afternoon when I leave work. It takes maybe 20 minutes after I start the car and leave. It seems to be in the middle of the seat area I feel it too.

About the comfort of these leather seats I rate them a 3 on a 10 scale. This is cheap leather they've used. I had a Buick about the same pricing and they were a 15 rating.

But I have thinking about calling the dealer and asking if they have ever seen the problem, but theres some days I just don't have the time. I was hoping someone here had the same problem but.......

Old 07-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Keep in mind this is synthetic leather, so they're not going to feel the same as actual leather seats. I think for a semi-sporty sedan, these seats fit the car well. Someone on this forum once commented they feel the suspension is too stiff in this car as well. But again, being a semi-sporty sedan, the suspension feels just right. Although not a sports car, this car handles very well. I'd say, soft leather seats would make sense in a Buick. I've driven/owned many cars, and the leather seats are definitely more firm in a Corvette as they are in a Cadillac, for obvious reasons.

Try pulling the fuse for the heated seats for a week or two. Let us know if you notice any difference. I wonder if these seats not being perforated is causing them to feel hotter to you. Like I said, I haven't noticed any difference in temps and since I've bought this car. I've lived where the summer temps get up to 115 degrees and then moved to a place that sees negative temps in the winter. I've also lived in a temperate climate, too. I've never felt like the seats were on when they weren't. Could be only a few models were affected, like yours. If you do notice they're not feeling hot to you after pulling the fuse, definitely take it to a dealership. Perhaps it's an intermittent short somewhere, causing the seats to come on when the switch is off. When you do feel the seats feeling hot, have you looked at the light on the switch to see if it's illuminated? I wonder if a short would also cause that light to light up.

I'll try to look through the service manual to see if there's a troubleshooting section for the heated seats. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Quick Reply: 05 HAH Heated Seats

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands