HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Why did you pick the HCHII over the Prius?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Why did you pick the HCHII over the Prius?

The main competitor to our HCHII is the Prius. There's nothing else currently in production that can compare to these two vehicles.

So, why did you pick the HCHII over the Prius?

For me, it was the better styling, better interior, better handling, and better highway mpg. Oh, and I liked that I don't stand out as much as the Prius.

What were your reasons?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Why did you pick the HCHII over the Prius?

'Cause it's a Honda.

My wife and I have had only Hondas for over 20 years. Same dealer, same sales guy, same mechanic. They just run - virtually trouble free.

Three Honda's (plus the motorcycles) in the driveway for two drivers.

When I ordered the '06 HCHII, I learned of the new model over Labor Day weekend of 2005, I called our sales guy and said I'd like to order one. I don't have one to show you was the reply. I don't care, I'd like to order one. I don't know the price is was the reply. I don't care, I'd like to order one. He did. On a "verbal" handshake. Twenty years pays dividends sometimes.

Seven months later, he phoned to say "it's on the truck". We agreed the price, paid him, and the rest is just smiles at nearly 50 MPG. (We gave him no option on color, and it MUST have a nav. Thus the delay. Even then, it was the first one they delivered.

Am I EVER glad we bought it when we did.

Cheers.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just look at the two side by side. 'Nuff said.

Plus the Prius drives like crud. (Rented one for 3 days).

Old 06-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

better seats, better handling, sedan (i dont like how hatchbacks handle), nav, instruments, more comfortable to drive, no stupid push start button and smart key system.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Great Mileage and Green

I picked the HCH II over the Prius because I had the HCH I. I picked that one over the Prius in 2003 because it seemed a better bang for the buck at the time and because of the Honda reputation.

And you are right, a long term relationship with the same Dealer and staff cannot hurt either.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:34 AM
'Tis but a scratch!

Styling, just don't like the way the Prius looks.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

The HCH has an extra 2" of leg room. Plus I prefer the body style of the Honda over Toyota.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

I hate to say it but I didn't bother to even test drive a Prius. When I was looking, I was looking for something used. Everything I saw online the asking price for the Prius was always so much more than a HCH. I know Honda's track record on longevity, having owned 4 of them that went over a combined total of 1,000,000 miles before I literally gave them away. I also was really set on a manual transmission. So between those 3 things I went with the HCH-I.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

The Prius' styling did not appeal to me. I have always liked the new Civic and that made the decision too easy.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

After reading every test drive on the net for two months I went to town too purchase a Prius. Test drove one, and I liked it very much,but before signing on the dotted line I went next door to try a HCH11 first, I signed on the dotted line after the test drive!H

Quick Reply: Why did you pick the HCHII over the Prius?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands