HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Where to buy 06 Civic Hybrid w/Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default Where to buy 06 Civic Hybrid w/Navigation

Hey everyone... new to the forum as you can see....

Here's my story so far.... I was excited to finally put a deposit for a HCHII about a month ago asking for MSRP. I'm trying to get a follow up of when the next shipment of hybrids are coming in, but the person who i'm dealing with is either a) not in b) with customers or c)busy right now and will call me back. The thing is - he never calls back. I'm so irritated! I just want to know how long it's going to take by hearing it from his mouth personally. If it's going to take another week/month whatever, own up to it and just let me know! Am i the only one who's experiencing this?

So does anybody know where to purchase an 06 hybrid now in california offering MSRP? I'm really fed up with this dealership i'm dealing with right now and would like to speak to a sales associate at a dealership that actually does respect and take care of their customers....

Any help please!

Old 06-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Where to buy 06 Civic Hybrid w/Navigation

Unless you want a Prius (grrrr), I can't help you...

Call around-there were a few very good stories here.

You might just try requesting a quote from cars.com and also directly on Honda's site-who knows who might reply or need to move a car!

Best of luck!

Michael

Old 06-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

He may have sold it to someone willing to pay over, that's why he's dodging you. Forget paying sticker in CA, AFAIK. OTOH, he may be blowing you off so that you go somewhere else. Then he can jack up the price for the next guy. I'd stay in his face.

Last edited by SrfCity; 06-12-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've been working with a Peter from Pacific Honda in San Diego. My experience with many dealers left me ready to never purchase a Honda for the rest of my life. They would quote in writing a price for a new HCH-II with NAVI for which I extend a deposit and then later, the price would change by thousands. The prevailing excuse was something to the effect of either: a) the written quote was good for that day only (full well knowing the car was back-ordered 6 weeks) but not specifying the limitations verbally or disclaimed, or b) $1k worth of "standard" features were added on (when they earlier would pride themselves for now putting into the car what you didn't ask for).

Peter, with Pacific Honda, is the only one of about 30 California dealers I've attempted to do business with that seems reasonable. The MSRP has indeed increased to about $24,300 since I laid down my deposit (at $23,900) but he is honoring his written agreement. He's the only dealer that will put a Sunroof on the vehicle, not only that, but quoting me $850 (not the usual $1,500 others will quote) -- I just hope its a quality install. I'll have to verify the warranty coverage, thanks for reminding me.

In all, I'm going to pay for the car in a few days but won't pick it up until 10 days later. Just paying earlier to lock my 5% APR on my loan since it will be 40 days since I originally applied and APR has increased since then.

There's not a single other Honda dealer in California I will do business with, not now, not ever. Hopefully Peter turns out okay or I really will go somewhere else.

You might try calling him, I can give you his direct cell if you don't mind. I got him by referral before. He's a fleet manager, not salesman, and I don't know if you won't normally get to him if you call Pacific Honda directly. There's a nother phone number that he gave me through Pacific Honda that gets to his office be he rarely is there. Always his cell. Let me know. He's a really nice and direct person.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hybridhybrid
So does anybody know where to purchase an 06 hybrid now in california offering MSRP?
I bought mine in January for MSRP, from University Honda in Davis. I don't know if it's still what they're asking but it's worth a try. There were no gimmicks either (no pre-installed extras that I have no use for).

Honda of Hayward also offered it for MSRP, but they couldn't deliver it as quickly as I wanted it. This dealer also had no gimmicks.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Enthusiast

University Honda now puts on a paint and interior protection package on alltheir Civics and you have to pay for it whether you want it or not. I guess you could call that a semi-markup. Fairfield (Hopkins) Honda is charging a $3000 markup on all HCH II's. Avery Green (Vallejo) quoted me MSRP so I am waiting for it to come in this month. However, they said they sere sold out thre rest of 06 model year. You may want to try Hansel (Petaluma) or Manly (Santa Rosa) but you still would have to wait about 6-8 weeks for one if you get lucky enough.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, it's a waiting game.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

They play a game because they know you want the car.. and they want to make you desperate and willing to pay a huge markup. If you are patient and are willing to wait 4+ weeks. ANY dealership should be able to get a car for you. Whether you'll get the exact color vehicle is something else. But beware of these screwball dealerships. Go somewhere else that is willing to put everything in solid writing for you and guarantee price. Even if you have to wait a bit longer, you will end up with the car at the price you are willing to pay. What is a few extra weeks?

Last edited by GaryW; 06-13-2006 at 08:30 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryW
Go somewhere else that is willing to put everything in solid writing for you and guarantee price. Even if you have to wait a bit longer, you will end up with the car at the price you are willing to pay. What is a few extra weeks?
Beware even of these. I had 4 of them put in writing the price and an estimated arrival date. My response to the written quote was a $500-$1,000 deposit. For three of them, once the vehicle arrived, the price changed. Either the MSRP went up (so they say) by $1k or some odd amount or they added in "standard" features they up-and-down promised they wouldn't for about $2k or whatever they wanted. Two of them said that the written quote was only good for that day and subject to change, they full well knew I'd be on back order for 6 weeks or so but failed to disclose it or disclaim it on the quote itself. I cancelled with those three and almost decided to never purchase Honda for the rest of my life.

Only one, thus far, Pacific Honda of San Diego still assures me that they will honor their written quote when I purchase the vehicle. I'm going down in 3 days for today to pay for it -- assuming the price hasn't changed beyond what was agreed.

Thanks,
Shawn

Old 06-13-2006, 12:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

What about having them send you the contract and signing it via fax? That way it's pretty cut and dry.

Quick Reply: Where to buy 06 Civic Hybrid w/Navigation

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands