HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Warranty battery on the way

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Warranty battery on the way

Background - IMA light prior to update. Update 11/12. Terrible recal issue every since. Talked to dealer after I complained during HofA f/u survey. Dealer was going to see if there is anything they could do.

Complained to NC dept of Justice who wrote letter to HofA. Filed BBB complaint on Friday. Monday I get a call at 6 pm that says when they called the dealer to check on the situation, dealer said battery was on order.

Confirmed today battery should be in Friday!

The story of how it happened doesn't make sense since HofA has to authorize it but I don't really care. So the cliff is safe.....

I never went to the dealer since the update - just complained to the right person I guess.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Warranty battery on the way

What was exactly what you reported to the BBB and to the NC dept of Justice? How did you do that?

I'm having the same issue and I think that we should all do exactly what you did. I did go back to the dealer, and contacted HofA but they pretty much told me the dealer needs to find something wrong and the dealer said HofA says it's all ok.

I have 57K miles and the car is covered under Honda doent-Care

Let's get them where it hurts...

Old 12-15-2010, 03:33 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Warranty battery on the way

I got the BBB phone number from HofA (there is a specific # for warranty complaints). I complained of lack of acceleration/assist. I didn't get into talking about recals. I just stated that I took the car in and it has unacceptable performance characteristics. I said that I thought it was the battery which was still under warranty and that I wanted Honda to replace it free of charge. They fax over a complaint to HofA that day.

The NC DOJ was found with the internet search "NC warranty complaint". The first few choices were info about lemon laws but about 5 down was NC.DOJ.GOV or something to that effect. There was an on line complaint form and I got a confirmatory letter by USPS and the statement was that HofA was going to be given 15 days to reply to the complaint.

2007 61k here in a 80k battery state.

I get the impression that HofA knows they have to replace all the batteries that we complain about. I don't know if I just pushed enough or got the right avenue. My dealer has very little relationship with me - bought car there, went once to find out about control arm TSB, and went once for software update. Never serviced there on my $.