HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

An Update on my IMA issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default An Update on my IMA issue

Several of you have been very helpful and are therefore familiar with the IMA assist problem occurring in our vehicles.

After almost 4 months of getting the run around from American Honda, they finally attempted to be rid of me by sending me a letter stating that there is nothing wrong with my car, and that (contrary to actions taken by my dealership) Duval Honda found no evidence to support my claims that the vehicle was malfunctioning.

They have since stopped taking or returning my calls.

I have gone to a new dealership.

The issue:
As of yesterday my car threw a check engine light, while accelerating, the car will buck and jerk and is really quite terrifying to be driving. This behaviour is inconsistent and I had initially thought the problem to be the O2 sensor.

However, (as I am sitting in the dealership now) I have just recieved information that this dealership thought a rat had damaged a single 2" area of my wiring harness. I of course being moderately familiar with cars, and not at all stupid went to see for myself this "rat damage"

And wouldn't you know, this must be the best rat ever, because the casing around the wires was rather neatly "chewed" and almost no plastic was missing at all. Only a single black wire from within that casing was damaged, and it was almost perfectly cut.

I of course took my stance that there was no way a rat came into my car decided to cut my wire casing and neatly cut a single wire. There is no evidence of any damage anywhere else in the car.

FORTUNATELY, my service advisor understood my concerns, and my conspiracy theory against my last dealership and took it up with the manager.

So now I am getting the wire fixed and new diagnostics done on the car, with the oil changes etc. for $90.

While still not perfect, it is much better than the original cost, but I don't feel like they did the damage, and I am not taking it back to Duval Honda to try and argue that they did it, so I will be moderately content to part with the $90.

I had never thought to check and see if my old dealership had "accidently"
damaged any part of my car.

But this is where I am now on the IMA issue, I hope that this fixes it.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: An Update on my IMA issue

Hope it is just that wire thats causing the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the other Honda dealership that damaged it, most technicians could care less about a customers car. Either that or its a really clever rat trying to disable your HCHII

Old 10-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Energy Independence

I smell a rat, er, a careless mechanic

Good luck.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:52 AM
Enthusiast

So far so good, right off the bat I had a silent start, something I had not had in a very long time. I have not had the IMA issue either, and my MPG is climbing.

WOO HOO
:: Happy Dance ::