HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Taillight Overlays

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 08:23 PM
F**k ExxonMobil
Default Taillight Overlays

I installed these today. Very easy install.

If you like them, here's a link to the vendor:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y42/BlueBatmobile2005/
bluebatmobile@san.rr.com

Last edited by 06hch2; 09-23-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Taillight Overlays

Pardon my ignorance, but is there some advantage to them? All I notice is that your taillamps are a bit darker than usual. Or am I missing something?

Old 09-24-2006, 05:50 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

Originally Posted by blinkard
Pardon my ignorance, but is there some advantage to them? All I notice is that your taillamps are a bit darker than usual. Or am I missing something?
your ignorance is hereby pardoned. its called modding, doing little things to your car to personalize it, to make it different from every other car out there, to make it yours. lots of women, and people from other planets, don't know about modding.

Last edited by 06hch2; 09-24-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:53 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

compared to stock:

Old 09-25-2006, 03:59 AM
World's First Hybrid

Looks sharp... I like it.

Did you remove the rear seat head rests?

Old 09-25-2006, 04:04 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

Originally Posted by ralph_dog
Looks sharp... I like it.

Did you remove the rear seat head rests?
thanks. i like them too. re the headrests, yep. much better visibility.

Old 09-25-2006, 04:27 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Headrests

A word of caution. I would be wary of removing the headrests Your insurer could be looking for an escape clause if a back seat passenger suffered whiplash in an accident as you will have modified the vehicle. You might then be sued and liable for considerable damages. The answer might be to keep them in the trunk and insist on back seat passengers using them?

Old 09-25-2006, 04:32 AM
F**k ExxonMobil
Default Re: Headrests

Originally Posted by Tulip
A word of caution. I would be wary of removing the headrests Your insurer could be looking for an escape clause if a back seat passenger suffered whiplash in an accident as you will have modified the vehicle. You might then be sued and liable for considerable damages. The answer might be to keep them in the trunk and insist on back seat passengers using them?
i agree, and i keep them in the trunk for that reason (the headrests, not the passengers).

Old 09-25-2006, 04:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I also keep the rear headrests in the trunk for dramatically improved visibility.
I install them EVERY time someone sits in the back seat, which is only about once a year.
If someone frequently rode back there, I'd just leave them installed.

I drive alone 95% of the time so I adjust the passenger seat back angle so its headrest does not obstruct my view also.

Very good point about the insurance companies.
Frankly I don't blame them.
If you allow an adult to sit back there without a headrest you deserve to be not covered if there is an accident.
That is just plain negligent, like removing seat belts.

Speaking of safety, darkening your rear lights [which also darkens your brake lights] makes your car less visible and therefore less safe, day or night.

Older drivers need need brighter lights to notice them when facing the sun or in a sudden emergency.
Did you know that *everyone's* eyes loose half their light sensitivity every 14 years?
Fortunately we are born with zillions of rods and cones in our retinas, but they start dying off at birth.
In other words, a light must be twice as bright in order for you to notice it as well as a person 14 years younger.

I would not be surprised if your insurance company gets out of paying a claim because you made your car less safe and visible.
This means the money you are paying for insurance is wasted, since you won't be insured when it counts.

I'd personalize a car in ways that do not reduce safety.

Perhaps it's not too late to get a refund.

Last edited by kenny; 09-25-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by kenny
I would not be surprised if your insurance company gets out of paying a claim because you made your car less safe and visible.
I fully agree. Actually, I have several second hand experiences with insurance adjusters tipping the responsability of an accident from no-fault to 50% and from 50% to "at fault" simply because of customizations that altered the vehicles safety equipment.

As a recent example, an employee of mine got a similar outcome when he got involved in an accident. He was initially deemed "not at fault" as mentioned in both police reports. However, after he took the vehicle in to the insurance facility to be assesed for the damage, the adjuster had submitted a request to change the fault factor to "full at fault". Anyway, I don't know what happened since to his RSX but I believe he's now car pooling.

Cheers;

MSantos

Quick Reply: Taillight Overlays

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands