HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Strength in numbers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Enjoying my hybrid
Default Re: Strength in numbers!

Shawn in Sacramento, CA took delivery of Magnetic Pearl HCHII on August 9, 2006 from Shingle Springs Honda. Paint is significantly scuffed on both sides of deck lid next to spoiler edge.

Old 10-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

Barry in Media, PA Galaxy Grey delivered 8/9/06 at Scott Honda West Chester, PA 1/4 inch scuffs to primer on trunk each side of spoiler. complaint will be made with dealer with A1 service which will not be required for 3-4 months.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shoebox303
I have a meeting with my Honda District Parts & Service Manager next week. He'll be inspecting my trunk lid where the spoiler has rubbed it to determine the appropriate course of action. My initial contact with him has indicated that he hasn't heard of any problems other than mine, and isn't inclined to do much. SOOO...

For all of you experiencing the issue with your spoilers rubbing the paint off of your trunk lids, please do me a favor and give me a quick overview of your situation. That way I can walk into the meeting with some real information regarding this issue. If you could each write a simple response in the format below, that'd be perfect!

"Jordan in Bloomington, IL is experiencing the spoiler vs. trunk lid issue. I purchased my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid II at Bill Kay Honda in Bradley, IL. Mine is Magnetic Pearl with Blue Interior and has a build date of May 25th, 2006."

Thanks, everyone! Incidentally, my meeting is next Wednesday, 11/1.

Jayson Robinson, Delaware, Ohio. Experiencing spoiler vs trunk lid issue. It's worn down to the primer on one side and scuffed the clear coat on the other. I purchased my 2006 HCH at Roush Honda in Westerville OH on May 7th 2006. It is also Mag Pearl with Blue Int.

Old 10-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JordanCS
Jordan in Columbus, Ohio is experiencing the spoiler / trunk lid issue. There is visible paint rub on either side of the spoiler. Purchased the car at Roush Honda in Westerville, Ohio (excellent dealer) in August 2006. Car is Alabaster Silver.
Jordan, who was your sales rep over at Roush? I purchased my 2k6 HCH there and was really happy with them as well.

Sorry don't want to hijack this thread, PM me k?

Jayson

Old 10-29-2006, 07:17 PM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl

Originally Posted by shoebox303
I have a meeting with my Honda District Parts & Service Manager next week. He'll be inspecting my trunk lid where the spoiler has rubbed it to determine the appropriate course of action. My initial contact with him has indicated that he hasn't heard of any problems other than mine, and isn't inclined to do much. SOOO...

For all of you experiencing the issue with your spoilers rubbing the paint off of your trunk lids, please do me a favor and give me a quick overview of your situation. That way I can walk into the meeting with some real information regarding this issue. If you could each write a simple response in the format below, that'd be perfect!

"Jordan in Bloomington, IL is experiencing the spoiler vs. trunk lid issue. I purchased my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid II at Bill Kay Honda in Bradley, IL. Mine is Magnetic Pearl with Blue Interior and has a build date of May 25th, 2006."

Thanks, everyone! Incidentally, my meeting is next Wednesday, 11/1.
Bob in Georgetown, TX, is experiencing the spoiler vs. trunk lid issue. I purchased my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid in November of 2005 at Clasic Honda in Round Rock, TX. The issue is worse on the left side, where its down to primer. Right side only shows some scuffing.

I hope they listen, and have a suggestion.

Regards,

Bob

Old 10-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ron in SoCal is also experiencing the spoiler/trunklid abrasion issue on both sides of the spoiler. Purchased 01/06 in Culver City, CA and now have 17,000 miles on it. Opal Silver Blue.

Ron in SoCal

Old 10-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

I checked mine today and it has the same issue. I bought it around May '06 - South
Florida.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast

Just checked and I have the same issue. I will have dealer address this at next regular service.

Jim near Albany Oregon experiencing the spoiler vs. trunk lid issue. I purchased my 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid II at Bill Rogers Honda in Albany OR in May of 2006. 1/8 inch of paint on left and right side of spoiler is worn down to primer. Color is Alabaster Silver with Blue Interior.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Name Change?

Just a suggestion but shouldn't this topic have a better name? Such as " Trunk - Lid Spoiler Problem. Join Us". Otherwise newcomers will not understand what the thread is about.

When I read that you are having problems at the ends, in one case, particularly at the left end (which the driver would normally use), I wonder if people are slamming down the lid using the spoiler? Desist I say it is obviously not as strongly attached as you imagine. Use the licence plate instead and teach your family members as well.

Last edited by Tulip; 11-01-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:28 AM
Enthusiast

Tom in Palatine IL took delivery of Magnetic Pearl HCHII on 1/3/06 from Schaumburg Honda. Paint is significantly scuffed on both sides of deck lid next to spoiler edge.

Quick Reply: Strength in numbers!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands