Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Singing the roadside blues

Yes that is go luck. I hope it is better than the last one. H

Old 06-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Singing the roadside blues

Update #3

I picked the car up on Friday afternoon from the dealer in Denver and left it in the Walmart parking lot next door for the weekend as we drove the MMH up to Rocky Mountain NP. On the way home after camping, I picked up the HCH on Sunday and drove it home. So far, everything seems normal--it drives just like it did before the transmission change.

While they were working on it, they replaced the PCM to test out some things, and then put back my PCM when they were finished. I had a battery crash about 2 miles from the dealership so hopefully that was just the PCM getting itself calibrated again.

I desperately need to top the tank off though--when I picked it up, my trip A MPG was only 16.9 for 120 miles--I think they must have left the engine on all night! I don't know if the transmission and PCM re-adjustment have had any impact on economy (I wouldn't guess it to) but I'll post an update if anything looks better/worse than usual.