HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 06:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

OK, I can do Oct 1...time 11AM? say we meet Thomson Plaza? any other suggestion?

Old 09-19-2006, 07:03 AM
Enthusiast

Wow, helicraz! But at 41 psi isnt it a very bumpy ride- esp on the many speed bumps we have?

Old 09-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by srenga
OK, I can do Oct 1...time 11AM? say we meet Thomson Plaza? any other suggestion?
I will sms you . Any other SG owners interested??

Old 09-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

yup.. speed bump no diff... but now.. those speed stripes can be felt easily... just like my last ford...

Just top up today.. I got 20.68 km/l for the last tank.
This tank is Esso 92.. going to see if I get better FE than 95, before deciding which to use...

Old 10-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

how was the gathering?

Did anyone saw the advertisement on Sunday Times? Broneo Motors brought in Lexus RX400H (Hybrid..)

Old 10-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Enthusiast

There were 4 of us at the meetup, 2 HCH06 and 1 cute dog. We exchanged views and the usual. Srenga was kind to let everyone in his car for a 'joyride'. Everyone got a chance to talk to everyone

Here's my latest FC:

Old 10-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Enthusiast

Yeah it was a good feeling to meet fellow HCH2 owners! we exchanged views on lot of stuff.

one observation I had: the car has decent power on level ground, but when driving up a long incline (say few hundred metres or more) I feel that the car lacks power in "D, esp with 3 or 4 passengers- shifting to L provides power but slows speed. shifting to S seems a better compromise but still speed is slow. UncleO suggested it may be due to not having enough battery charge, I will observe this next time but I think I had at least 4 bars if not 5.

anyone else face this issue?

Old 10-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

yes it is due to the battery charge... I go up and down shears bridge regularly.

try driving up with 8 bars.... it will fly.
try driving up with 0 (I did once, aircon on, batt level 0, force charging, going up the shaw center carpark...).. I was tempted to get down to push the car....

--

I haven't finish my tank on 92, but FE is quite bad since I hardly drove long distance these 2 weeks.. mainly short trips.. so dashboard shows 18.0, down by 2km/l

I will try another tank of 92 after this.. and then with a 92+lower tyre pressure... hopefully the FE will remains near 20km/l.. otherwise I will switch back to 95.

Old 10-03-2006, 07:11 AM
Enthusiast

thanks helicraz. so the next question is, if youre down below 3 bars how do you boost up the SOC quickly? ideally let it regen during a long downhill coast but may not have one coming up soon.

the honda technician actually told me one way- pull ot the side, stop and rev the engine with aircon turned off! to me sounds like that defeats the purpose of FE!
Any suggestions?

Old 10-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

My suggestion is.. turn off the aircon, drive with the windows wind down. When I do that.. my battery is usually 8 bars.

As you coast on the expressway... you should get 1-2 green bars.

My batt get recharge quickly if I drive without the aircon... even in city traffic, stopping and moving off at all those junctions. Try your best to depress the brake to maximise charging yet without activating too much of the drum/disc brakes.

Last edited by helicraz; 10-04-2006 at 12:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Singaporeans HCH2 drivers Unite

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands