HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Do what you think is safe and right by you. A 4-cylinder sedan in 2007 exists in a different universe than the same kind of car in 1997 or 1987. There are more mammoth cars and aggro drivers on the road than ever and nobody who drives an HCH II can deny this, though our responses vary based on experience and location. Ultimately, it's your call. Still, I hope you will consider the Toyota Camry or Ford Escape or Acura hybrids in your search. I've heard that there are also some very good defensive driving courses out there to help cope with crazy driving exhibited these days. Good luck and thank you for sharing.

Last edited by HyMinded; 04-30-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by livvie
Too much. Safety reason... I mean I can see you selling your car because you are scared of driving out in the mean streets of america but to sell the car on the grounds of safety? That's a pathetic excuse.
Interesting comment without knowing a thing about me. "Scared" is not how I drive or live; I consider it a safety risk when you are attempting to merge onto the freeway and you can not reach 60MPH on a short acceleration ramp. My advice to you is not to pass judgement based upon assumptions.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hrothgar02
Interesting comment without knowing a thing about me. "Scared" is not how I drive or live; I consider it a safety risk when you are attempting to merge onto the freeway and you can not reach 60MPH on a short acceleration ramp. My advice to you is not to pass judgement based upon assumptions.
Just because you don't know how to merge doesn't make the car a safety issue, it is how you drive that is the safety issue. I know from experience that I can merge without any issues on any on ramp, aggressive drivers or not. The CAR is safe, your driving skills are lacking, therefore I would place you as the culprit and not the car. It doesn't matter if I know you or not, it's irrelevant.

You are citing safety reason for selling the car, I don't see how the car is not safe in your description. Whereas your driving is in question. That's all.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Banned

There was a time I might have put a bumper sticker: "My Wrongful Injury Attorney is...."

hrothgar02 does have valid point on today's driving, but I think he can adapt to the traffic, although he might be muttering some of the things I do concerning other drivers.

One thing to stress: think ahead.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 04-30-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by livvie
Just because you don't know how to merge doesn't make the car a safety issue, it is how you drive that is the safety issue. I know from experience that I can merge without any issues on any on ramp, aggressive drivers or not. The CAR is safe, your driving skills are lacking, therefore I would place you as the culprit and not the car. It doesn't matter if I know you or not, it's irrelevant.

You are citing safety reason for selling the car, I don't see how the car is not safe in your description. Whereas your driving is in question. That's all.
Wow this is now officially a pissing contest; I'm outta here. I am saddened that I have leave this forum on this note. Livvie, good luck with your life.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:53 PM

You don't "have" to leave.
You chose to leave.

Telling an HCH forum that the HCH is unsafe because it is not aggresive enough for you is trollish behavior.

The horsepower of the the HCH was no secret.
Didn't you test drive it?

Why not just quietly sell the thing, buy your muscle car, and join the Mustang V-8 forum?

Good Luck, and Good Night.

Last edited by kenny; 05-05-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

Innocent question - What's with the sudden change of heart?

Originally Posted by hrothgar02
My blood pressure is down...literally (came back from a physical). I used to drive very aggressively (in Houston traffic it's survival of the fittest); I used to get so worked up on people cutting me off and sneaking themselves in front of the merge lane etc.

Now, my attention/concentration on the MPG gauge prevents me from concentrating on other people's stupidity! I feel more relaxed as I am able to better tolerate the traffic conditions. Save money on gas AND add years to my life - priceless.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Innocent question - What's with the sudden change of heart?
Great catch, Delta Flyer.
That quote from hrothgar02 was from last December.

I am astonished one person can have such a 180 degree turn around in attitude on the subject of agressive vs. "scared" driving.
It almost sounds like two different people.

This is a fascinating little test case of human psychology when it comes to driving behavior and car choice.

Last edited by kenny; 04-30-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Site Founder

No more bickering, please. Back on topic.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny

Why not just quietly sell the thing......

Good luck.
I see this a lot on forums. People choose to go against the grain and make a declaration that they're done with whatever everyone else is there for. I guess since it isn't working for them they decide to take a little jab to make themselves feel better about their decision. What this poster describes about this car is no secret so I don't think there is any real need to hammer the car for doing what it is designed to do. Best with whatever route you decide to go.

Quick Reply: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands