HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

For sale soon - Brand new 2006 Mag Pearl w/Navi in Pittsburgh, PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default For sale soon - Brand new 2006 Mag Pearl w/Navi in Pittsburgh, PA

Hey Family! Some of you remember my woes in getting the current car of my dreams. I still have an order pending at a local Dealership (Valley Honda in Monroeville, PA) for a 2006 Civic Mag Pearl w/Navi VIN JHMFA36216S025664. How long have I had an order for this car? Yep, March 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! (weren't enough exclamation marks) On Wed the Dealership called to say the car was finally in Portland, OR and they, "Will keep me up-to-date in the next two or three weeks." I was tired of waiting for a car that the Dealer ordered and did not want to replace (by looking at other Dealers) so I went online and found three Dealerships within driving distance and ended up buying my exact ordered car just 6 days after logging on to find the car myself. Thanks to Leesburg Honda in VA for going above-and-beyond to find my car and get it for me.

Anyway, there will be a 2006 Mag Pearl w/Navi showing up in Monroeville, PA in the next 1-?? weeks. At this point I can't trust them on any date that they promise because for the past 1-2 months they have been saying, "Two more weeks until ..." and filling in the blank with words like "Build date" or "Ship date" or "Delivery date" and now it is 2 months after their initial estimates so who knows when it will arrive.

If someone is interested in this car please let me know. I have the first deposit on this car and it is officially mine so I get first crack at it -- I should be able to defer the order to someone on this list if they contact me soon and we'll see if we can do the old switcheroo. I just want to get my lousy $100 deposit back from a car that was ordered 5 months ago. Mind you, I already have 2,100 miles on my car and have only had it 11 days - as you can tell - I make good use of the car and was tired of waiting for it.

Contact me in a Private Message or reply here with your email or let me know somehow. Good luck to someone if you get this car and hopefully it goes to someone on this list. Cheers 'n at.

Old 08-19-2006, 07:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: For sale soon - Brand new 2006 Mag Pearl w/Navi in Pittsburgh, PA

I don't personally have any interest in the vehicle, but for those that do, you may want to let us know what the agreed upon price of the vehicle is... if someone is thinking aboutcontacting you with some interest, that would likely be the first concern.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new HCH!

Old 08-19-2006, 08:25 AM

The pre-agreed upon price with the dealer is MSRP (listed as $24,200 I seem to recall) but I don't know if that included the $550 destination fee. Honestly, the farthest I got with this Dealer was the New Car Order Form specifying the color (Magnetic Pearl) and selecting the only option available (Navigation). I don't know if they will boost the price when it arrives knowing that they can sell it.

I will personally steer clear of this Dealership as they have strung me along for too many weeks now and they are definitely not in the mood to be proactive and sell a new car. I had to call and pepper the Salesman about information when the car was being built (Build Date), when it was being shipped, when it had a VIN, where it is along the journey, when it will arrive, etc. The ONLY thing that the Salesman has called me about on his own was last week when he said the car was finally in Portland, OR. That has been almost 5 months of my doing the initial contacts.

How would you feel if you had spent an hour going over the New Car order form and options and colors. Then, 2 weeks later when I bought a front nose mask from them the Salesman said, "I like the fact that you are dedicated to this car and buying accessories weeks ahead of when the car will arrive." Then in another week when I called the Salesman he says, "Now remind me what we decided on again?" I tell him the new Civic Hybrid and he says, "Now we have one coming in without Navigation and in Silver." Honestly, it is like he doesn't care if he makes this sale. All the other Dealerships I contacted we almost bending over backwards to find my car at another Dealership or another state even and have it shipped/driven in for me to buy from them.

The dealership where I ordered the car is Valley Honda in Monroeville, PA (412-373-3000) and I was dealing with John Fratangelo. I've had poor Customer Service from the Salesman almost from the beginning so I'm just putting it out there. Don't get this confused with Valley Honda in Aurora, IL (contact: David Comacho) who was very helpful and had located my exact car specs and could have it on his lot inside of 1 week - great service from those guys. And also Wilson at Pohanka Honda in Marlow Heights, MD was helpful in finding this car for me too.

So contact the Monroeville, PA dealer if you want as they will have this car there (using their own phrase) "in about two weeks."

Old 08-19-2006, 09:15 AM

Hmm...I'm going to be near Monroeville on business in about a week. All I need is a big bag of money!

Old 08-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Enthusiast

What salesman sold you your car at Leesburg Honda? That's where my wife and I bought our car from. We had outstanding customer service from the dealership, would highly recommend them if anyone is looking for a Honda in the Northern VA area.

Old 08-20-2006, 08:19 AM

ThinBlue - My salesman was Sean Megaha and the in-store warranty guy was Roger Ford. Both were very helpful but were real good at customer relations, making us feel comfortable, etc. They even recommended a great local restaurant for after we were finished as we wanted to celebrate our new car. I recommend Leesburg to anyone and I'm in Pittsburgh (250 miles away).

As it turns out, I will be at the Summit Point (car) racetrack the weekend (26-27) and would love to meet up with you -- that would be my first meeting of another member on this list. I've had the car since August 7th and already have 2,200 miles.