HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Remains of my beloved 2007 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Remains of my beloved 2007 HCH

Wow 1 stpik, apparently you have never had Honda body work done....
My repairs were in the vicinity of 12,500 with no frame damage, so I suspect it is higher than a few thousand....I am guesing it probably 4-5K for paint and 3K for the airbags alone. I will say one thing...find the local HONDA approved/certified body shop (your dealer should be able to help with that) & insist on OEM parts do not allow used or good as. My car is fine, I used a Honda shop & they actually fixed a rattle in the trunk I was about to take the car in for. My the repairs are covered for the life of the car, my new car warranty is intact as the parts are Honda parts so it may be repairable but, please dont use just any body shop.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Good to hear that nobody got hurt but now you have to deal with Progressive. They will only go OEM if there isn't replication part avaiable. Hopefully the car is deemed total and you don't have to go through the pain of getting it all OEM'd spec'd again. There is a reason you get low rates with Progressive, as long as you don't need them you are fine. ;-(

The good news is that it was deemed the other car's fault. So hopefully the other guy doesn't have Progressive. Progressive will try to push you to one of their approved body shops. Which means they will do only what Progressive wants and serve their interest over yours. If you need to repair, shop for a good body shop that will fight for you.

Last edited by livvie; 03-14-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by livvie
Good to hear that nobody got hurt but now you have to deal with Progressive. They will only go OEM if there isn't replication part avaiable. Hopefully the car is deemed total and you don't have to go through the pain of getting it all OEM'd spec'd again. There is a reason you get low rates with Progressive, as long as you don't need them you are fine. ;-(

The good news is that it was deemed the other car's fault. So hopefully the other guy doesn't have Progressive. Progressive will try to push you to one of their approved body shops. Which means they will do only what Progressive wants and serve their interest over yours. If you need to repair, shop for a good body shop that will fight for you.
Under Minnesota law I can choose to take my car to any shop for repairs, and they can't do anything about it . So, I will definitely be taking it to a Honda-approved shop. Right now they are still assessing the damage, so I don't know whether it's totaled yet.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Pagemap, I'm glad no one got hurt. Just curious, where did it exactly happen? Since, I live in the Twin Cities area. I'll try to avoid that spot in the future.

p.s. I'm praying the insurance company gets you a NEW one.

Paul

Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by peking
Pagemap, I'm glad no one got hurt. Just curious, where did it exactly happen? Since, I live in the Twin Cities area. I'll try to avoid that spot in the future.

p.s. I'm praying the insurance company gets you a NEW one.

Paul

The accident happened at the intersection of Park Ave S and 8th St S, downtown. Click here for a Google Map of the location.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:36 PM
IMAddicted to IMA

It's good to know you're okay. Hopefully you'll be able to deal with the insurance company. A fun fact: there are insurance companies for insurance companies. I am not joking.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just received a call from Progressive Insurance, my car is totaled.

Those of you that have had to deal with a situation like this before, what can you recommend so that I get a fair deal over the car's value?

Old 03-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Did you get new car replacement? check your policy the insurance co. wont give you a dime they can hide...insist on full replacement value, you were not at fault, why should you be out? Remember Hondas hold their value extremily well....I could not find it in the KBB, I did an on line search through Honda for used values, I found a 07 HCH w/o navi and 18,000 miles for 22k & and 06 HCH w/o navi and 40,000+ on it for 21k.
If all else fails, get an attny....BTW, go see a Dr. you could be hurt and not even realize it...it took about 4 days for my injury to show up.....it has been 3 months of P/T with not much result.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pagemap
Just received a call from Progressive Insurance, my car is totaled.

Those of you that have had to deal with a situation like this before, what can you recommend so that I get a fair deal over the car's value?
Congrats! Good luck with everything else

Old 03-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Good news for you! The accident must have damaged the electric motor/IMA. My Honda Element got hit a few years ago by a semi. It crumpled the side of the vehicle, ripped off the right rear wheel and broke the axle. I thought it was totaled, but the damage was only $4,000.

I don't know about "getting a fair deal" from an insurance company. Seems to me that they don't employ teams of lawyers so they can give everyone a fair deal. But just go to KBB.com and print out all the values for the HCH (retail, private party, trade-in). At least you'll have an idea of what you should get.

I'm curious whether the company will replace your car, or just write you a check?

Last edited by 1stpik; 03-15-2008 at 06:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Remains of my beloved 2007 HCH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands