HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Part number for Accord headrest?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Part number for Accord headrest?

Hello. On this website I learned that to deal with the discomfort I experience from the 2006 HCH head restraint, I could replace it with the headrest from the 2006 Accord. I asked at a Honda dealer and they said that different versions of the 2006 Accord headrest are made, depending on the version of the Accord it goes in. So, I am looking for a part number for the appropriate 2006 Accord headrest that would fit it the 2006 HCH. Does anyone have this info? Or, do you at least know which version of the 2006 Accord car has a headrest compatible with the 2006 HCH? I hope this does not start a debate as to the wisdom of this adaptation from the safety perspective as I'm ok with that piece of the equation.
Thanks in advance for you help........Wendy (WNB175@yahoo.com)

Old 09-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Re: Part number for Accord headrest?

Can you not go to your dealers used car lot and ask to try one from a suitable car? It will only take a moment.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The best thing is just go to your dealer and look at an Accord and see if you can swap out the headrest to see if they fit. Then, tell them you are going to buy a set if it works. Also, the cloth on the Accord will not match unless you have them reupholster them.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Got the part number.

OK, I got the part number for anyone who might like the info. The headrest that is compatible is from the 2006 Accord LX. It's two different part numbers depending on if it's coming from a Japanese made Accord or an American made Accord. The number for the headrest coming from the Japanese made Accord LX is 81140SDCA02ZC (sometimes known by number 8150906). The only color available that is the same as offered for the 2006 Civic Hybrid is Ivory. It is the identical Ivory color. The pattern on the fabric is slightly different, but in a rather unnoticable way (though I'm not that picky). For the Accord, I think it's also available in gray and black. Ciao...........Wendy

Old 09-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Wendy!

Oops! Took me too long to reply...I'm glad you found the part, though! I was worried because I didn't know it, and am sure the dealer wouldn't remember.

Fabric difference is definitely unnoticeable to me, and the headrest has really improved my comfort in the car. When I sit in the passenger seat now, I think, "Wow, it really *is* bad with the ones that came with the car!"

Glad you're all set! Best of luck.

~Emily

Old 09-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just curious, how does changing a head rest get any more comfortable? The last time I checked, resting your head while driving results in your head bouncing uncomfortably all over the place. Is there some kind of secret I'm missing?

Old 09-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Technology Junkie

I can't speak for the original poster, but I too find the headrest uncomfortable. But it's not because my head actually rests on the headrest... It's because my head feels like the headrest is too close. I like to sit as upright as possible and I have my seat adjusted accordingly. The headrest in the HCH II has quite a bit of forward lean. This causes the sensation that my head is close but not quite touching the headrest. An occasional bump would sometimes cause the headrest to bump into my head. My solution was to simply reverse the headrest.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

I see. So I assume that the Accord one is adjustable? I tilt the seat back so have not ever noticed that it gets in the way.