HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Odd Wiper Action

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Odd Wiper Action

Ok, so I'm in my recently washed (so be it if it was due to the rain!) car today driving back to work from lunch...and noticed something really odd happening with the wiper blades...

It was set to intermittent but for some reason, whenever I'd start moving over 10 MPH, the wipers would run as though they were on "low". Then, when I'd stop at the next light, the wipers would work as though they were operating correctly. Now, this happened for about 4 or 5 lights. I even turned the switch off and back on, and it kept doing the same thing. So I chose to turn the delay a notch longer, and the wipers started fully working as they were supposed to.

Anyone else notice this happen before? I have noticed sometimes that with the wipers on intermittent, and after coming out of AS they clear an extra time.

Thanks,
Matt

Old 05-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Odd Wiper Action

Exactly the way they are desined to work .... click below & go to page 72.
http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/p...707O00072A.pdf

Old 05-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Energy Independence

I agree with Bob (and the manual!). My 2006 does this, as well.
The car is sometimes too smart for its own good (as Kenny would say), but it's not too difficult to overcome (as you discovered).

Old 05-10-2008, 05:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

That is crazy! I would have never thought to look at the manual for that kind of thing. Guess ya learn something new everyday! Maybe the "geek squad" really is going to take over the world someday......

Thanks for the assistance and knowledge!