HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Newbie...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Newbie...

Originally Posted by tiggere
the dealer said if they had an 06 left it would still sell for the same price no matter how many 07's were on the lot...kinda find that hard to believe...so we will see...
Honda has stated that they're only bringing 28000 HCH2's to the US for 2006. Given that there's been a waiting list for most of the year, I have no trouble believing that they can sell an '06 without dropping the price.

Bear in mind that the '07 won't be significantly different from the '06, since it's a new design.

We paid MSRP. Many people paid over. I think if you can get it for $700 under, you should start writing the check. I don't recall having heard anyone do even that well.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Hey there, Jordan. I wonder if you're the silver metallic from Rousch I saw on my way back from Westerville Athletic about two weeks ago. You make the third HCH2 in CBus I know of here (ravadac is the other, he's got a mag pearl like mine). Apart from my first few tanks, I've been almost entirely mid to upper 50's here, with a chance for a low 60's when I take a trip up to CTown.

At any rate, time for a bit of math class... Our current median score is 47.0. That means if you split the list of everyone putting their numbers into the database, exactly half the cars will be better than 47, and half worse. Our current mean is 46.6. That number represents every single tank averaged out with all the others. Having the mean lower than the median suggests there's a couple of people at the bottom who are doing significantly worse than average, though you'd have to actually look at their driving styles and geographic location to find out exactly why. In the case of the Prius THS (45.0/45.5), the situtation's reversed. They've got a couple of stand-out performances, but most folks aren't doing quite so well. This could be anything from people with drives that are uniquely suited to the synergy drive (lots of low speed stop-and-go, perhaps), to a couple of folks who have used aftermarket plug-in kits to goose their numbers.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
Hey there, Jordan. I wonder if you're the silver metallic from Rousch I saw on my way back from Westerville Athletic about two weeks ago.
Very possible, since mine is silver metallic, it's from Roush and I got it a bit over two weeks ago. There is another silver metallic that I see in the mornings...they park near me at the Gahanna YMCA when I go to work out, so you might have seen them instead. Either way, I don't think I've seen you, since I wanted the Mag Pearl (would have had to wait too long, though), and I think I've only seen silver and galaxy grey '06 hybrids since I got mine.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

Almost certainly you, then, cause it still had the temp tags and couldn't have been more than a day or two off the lot by the looks. Rav and I have both spotted that other silver you mentioned, but whoever it is doesn't appear to be a member here. Don't think you'd have spotted me, either, as I was getting onto the beltway (315S-270E, hate that ramp) as you went by. Getting the mag pearl did add almost two months to my wait, but I wasn't in a rush, so didn't mind the extra time. As an aside, you might like giving Andy (http://www.andyzainodetail.com/) a call in late October or early November to do a claying and soveran wax before the salt season starts. He and Jasmine do an absolutely beautiful job (and he greatly prefers our civics to minivans), claying will pull out any small debris that may have stuck into the paint during shipment and driving, while the soveran (expensive as it is) is possibly the hardest shell wax out there, good protection for the winter months.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Nope...wasn't me. Mine never had temp tags (I traded in, so I just needed to swap plates.) There's 3!

Old 08-26-2006, 10:29 AM
Wo ai Zheng!

::evil laugh:: Well, at least now we know why SoCal can't get their hybrids, us CBus folks are taking them all

Old 08-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Energy Independence

$1500 below MSRP for me. But I waited 5 1/2 months and got it in Bartlesville, OK (northern OK). This is 5-6 hours north of where I live.
The dealer there used to sell all Hondas at pretty much fixed-prices, often considerably below MSRP. They'd recently changed hands, so I'm not sure if/how long that may continue, but it was good for me THIS time .

Old 09-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Just Passing Through

Got ours for $670 below MSRP by going through Costco online.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

I paid $700 below MSRP. I bought the Navigation Civic, as once you have one you kind of get hooked on them. As for gas mileage, it comes way up once you learn how to drive the car and it breaks in. My fourth tank was over 50 mpg. What you really have to get used to is the fact that you will get over 600 miles per tank and not need to go to the gas station more than twice per month. My wife had a Jeep Grand Cherokee with hemi that got 14 mpg. She went from spending $65/week to spending $34 every other week on gas. I tell all my friends that the car was FREE! I keep my cars for 10 years, so the gas savings vs. the SUV over that time period totally pays for the car.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Enthusiast

Similar report here for New Jersey. Talked them down $650 below MSRP for a HCH-II w/ Navi. Basically counteracted destination charges. Probably a good time to buy now while Honda is clearing out for the '07s. Also, from all I've read, it sounds like us East Coasters get better prices than the poor Cali folk.

ciao

Quick Reply: Newbie...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands