HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

New owner in COS this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New owner in COS this weekend

Update: Due to the bad weather once again last weekend, I finally took delivery of my HCHII just yesterday! It's the coolest piece of technology I've ever driven.

I've figured out door lock programming to Navi-gating my way around town in just a day. I just have one question that I cannot find the answer to: how do you delete or remove an address you manually input into your system?

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. Thanx everyone for the welcomes!

Old 01-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I pulled off the Burt Kuni sticker when I put the plates on the other day. It's kinda funny because there is one really clean looking rectangle where the sticker was on the really dirty looking trunk. I guess we'll have to drive it in crappy weather to get an even layer of dirt on the car again .

Old 01-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Enthusiast

Two days old now. (And I figured out how to delete address book entries.) I've got a few accessories to still find and add on as well. Also to my surprise, the Auto Idle Stop function has been working amazingly well, even in the cold weather we've got in Colorado this weekend.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:37 AM

Nice!

Old 01-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hello Peter, good luck on your new HCHII. I got a little chuckle when I was first reading this thread about asking the dealer not to put their little decal or sticker on the back trunk lid. This has also been a pet peeve of mine just about since I started buying cars about 30 years ago. I never let them get away with free advertizing on my behalf. I ask them if they want to pay me like they pay the paper for placing an ad and of course they say no way. SO I SAY NO WAY TO PUTTING THAT THING ON MY CAR!!

Old 01-17-2007, 12:21 PM

Just a suggestion... you might just want to save those dealer badges and license plate frames. Put them back on when you go to the dealer for service. Some dealers prioritize their service work, favoring their own customers who purchased there. They use the dealer decals and plate frames to quickly determine who their customers are when writing up the repair order.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Not happening. If you have a repore with the service dept they know who you are and if you purchased your vehicle there anyway.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by Anahymbrid
Just a suggestion... you might just want to save those dealer badges and license plate frames. Put them back on when you go to the dealer for service. Some dealers prioritize their service work, favoring their own customers who purchased there. They use the dealer decals and plate frames to quickly determine who their customers are when writing up the repair order.

Good point. That does happen. In fact, it happened to me several years ago a number of times - often enough - for me to confirm they were doing exactly that.

My solution?

I wrote a CC'd letter to my Honda regional office outlining my observations & complaint and four weeks later I got a letter of apology from the dealership's service department - promising that my service would be performed in the order it was received to my satisfaction.

Needless to say, they've been extra nice and careful with me afterwards.

Who says customers can't make a difference. Dealerships just need to be reminded of WHO is their real boss.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 01-17-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by msantos
Needless to say, they've been extra nice and careful with me afterwards.
...and probably sitting in your car naked!

LOL, reminds me of when I warned my dad that a disgruntled cook can spit in your food -- he's never complained at a restaurant since!

Old 01-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast

Just wanted to share that earlier someone had asked me about my average mpg that I'd stated, which I believe then was about 32mpg. Since then, I'd realized that I'd not been tracking correctly - only looking at the average of the tank driven...not my daily averages as well. So, I purchased a little mileage book and figured out what to do.

My daily averages jumped into the 40s and my tank average (and this was only my first tank from the dealer) was 39.8mpg. When the fuel light came on, I was reluctant to drive a lot more, b/c I was not familiar with how far I could drive when on 'E'mpty. Turns out when I filled the tank, it stopped at 10.54gals; the tank should hold 12.3gals or so. At any rate, when I filled up, I'd driven 426.1 miles...I guess I could have driven a little more if I still had about 1.8gals left in the tank.

I've also been practicing how to do the "coasting" thing - I can't remember the term here - where you drive and release the pedal, then press it again to get the bars and drive on the electric part only. I've been successful several times now in getting 3 or 4 bars for ten to fifteen seconds of driving.

Thanx again everyone for your input! I'm gonna Scotchguard my interior today and order the sills that a few of you have recently discusseed.

Peter