HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

New member to the HCHII Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New member to the HCHII Club

Stright line, hmmm ... wasn't planned. But I'll take it, +3 every tank - can't wait for tank 20 101.
I am experimenting. I've come the the conclusion that I want to find routes that graph out like a rollercoaster - come out of the driveway and hit a 20% grade then coast all the way to work - same going home ( ya right ) but you get the idea. I've also been testing that when I do hit a hill or leave a stop light that I accelerate at a rate that causes 5 or 6 bars of assist. Use that battery. Also I'm spending more and more time in N and using D & S instead of the brake. (wife keep saying "your ****" - what ever that means....)

Re: Group. The setup/edit menu has HCH(ima) and HCH-II but it seems there are 3 DB's cicicmanual, civiccvt and civicii. The '2' is not in the menu. I've put in a request to be moved.

Another ??? My MagPearl is acting like a high voltage static filter. I drive down the road and attract dust like I've never seen before. Anybody have a cure? Spray it down with AntiStatic spray? I ain't put'n no chain hang'n from the frame!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Think green.

There is some info in a couple of links regarding static in this thread:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...leaving-16004/

Not sure if that's the type of static you're talking about though...
maybe in your case dust is just more visible because of the car being a darker color. Or, it could be pollen season.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 04-30-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:15 AM
Enthusiast

Here in Colorado ... I'll go with the dry air and the dark color, MagPerl. But it's things like I open the trunk and close it. I don't need a finger print kit - the dust every where the car has been touched, brushed up against - stands out. I don't think it's the "car", I think it's the "paint". I think it's like a balloon and static. It's not glued on, you can take a breath and blow it off. (picture me blowing off every sq in of the car ... not)
Its been through the car wash - just hosed off several time - maybe some wax? Maybe a 15 JigaWatt negative Ion generator... "Hey Emmet..."

and maybe it's just my new baby is getting some dust on it and I'm ... well baby HAS to be clean and purrrrdy

Old 05-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't think they called it MagPearl for nothing. Mine attracts dust like crazy and every time it rains on it and it drys you can see just how dirty our rain is and I live out in the country. Still I have to say I still like the blue just needs more care to keep it pretty. Thank goodness I have a garage.