HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

New member to the HCHII Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New member to the HCHII Club

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

No pics yet.. I'll work on that.

Compared to my two 1-week test drives, yesterday was warmer weather and I actually tried out the A/C for the first time. I was expecting it to really sink the mpg, but it just simply didn't. On my crowded commute from the dealership to my home, I actually got 47.7mpg over 19miles! This is on a brand new car, 34psi, with A/C on!

Over the past 80 miles, it's dropped off to around 42-44 mpg, which is still far more than I expected for a new engine.

I've noticed several items that are different compared to the '06 I spent time with , but I'll save that for another post. I have several questions about noises and such, but no time to type them up right now.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.

-Rob

Old 04-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Think green.

Good luck with the new car!

(I kinda enjoy some of the odd noises...)

Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 PM

Congrats!

I saved around USD9k+ by choosing the CIVIC instead of PRIUS.

The only thing I dislike about the CIVIC is the REAR DRUM BRAKES. As I seldom carry junks, The non foldable rear seats is not an issue to me.

Overall, I agree with you that the CIVIC is more fun to drive. And with the right driving attitude, we could get mileage comparable (if not better) than the PRIUS.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats on the new car. I'm new to the club as well. Went from a 12 mpg Commander to the Civic. One of the worst MPG vehicles to the second best. Don't like the look of the Prius. Just need to remove hybrid badge and get some Civic LX or EX wheels and go stealth. I just want to pay for less gas, not scream out "Look at me, I love the environment, shower me with your adoration.". And to prove it, I still have a V8 pick up and a 500 HP Shelby Mustang.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:56 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

Originally Posted by Mikesan
Congrats on the new car. I'm new to the club as well. Went from a 12 mpg Commander to the Civic. One of the worst MPG vehicles to the second best. Don't like the look of the Prius. Just need to remove hybrid badge and get some Civic LX or EX wheels and go stealth. I just want to pay for less gas, not scream out "Look at me, I love the environment, shower me with your adoration.". And to prove it, I still have a V8 pick up and a 500 HP Shelby Mustang.
yes, remove all signs that you have a hybrid so that when they go to cut you out of your car, they will be electrocuted.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikesan
Second best? Actually, the Civic beats the Prius in terms of highway mileage...

Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast

Hi, Proud new 08HCH w/nav owner. All in all very happy. The Honda sales staff in COS were good, non-pushy. The Prius staff was ... "Sign the check and we'll tell you what number we filled in." I walked out. I liked the HCH "car" much better than the TP "funny-car" also.

Question: I've created an account, 6691, on the Real Hybrid Mileage Database page under Honda Civic Hybrid II. I now have 4 tanks of gas listed but can't find myself on the main list. liderbug, Blu, 48.1. Did I forget to buy someone a beer?

1600 miles total - enough to make some observations: MGP is great and getting better - 43.4, 46.7, 50.1, 52.9. Like the dash layout, the ride, how fast I get warm air on cold mornings, XM, Nav, the 7 cubby holes, 12V in cntr console, trunk size, leg room. New car smell which is fading Watching Escalades go roar'n by

Dis-likes: Seat padding lacking and after all day last Fri & Sat on a road trip 'MY' padding was numb. The fact that the Nav system was the design of someone who doesn't use it, AND written in M$ and sometimes frustrating (where da L was that 'xyz' button). Some times when I get to a light/stop sign and don't get AutoStop - why can't I push the AS button?

Would I buy it again? In a heartbeat!

Cal

Last edited by liderbug; 04-29-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome to the club. You've come to the right place for a group of ordinary fellas that are always willing to help out everyone. You'll learn a lot here, as I know I have!

I must say, that I'm happiest with this vehicle more than any other I've owned. Maybe it's the MPG, maybe it's the fact it's the only NEW car I've bought. I don't know, but I love telling everyone about it! The gas mileage bragging doesn't hurt either :-).

I was joking with one of the ladies at work that drives a GMC Envoy.....I said "bring on the $4/gal gas!! Let all those SUV gas guzzlin owners complain".....needless to say, she wasn't very happy about it!

Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

An aside - how to you get the "I get xx.x mpg png in your Sig? When I try all I get is a nasty-gram from the FGM

https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/.../signature.png

tks

never mind ....

Last edited by liderbug; 04-29-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Think green.

Welcome to liderbug.
By the way, you'll find your car's mpg log in the HCH I database. It's some sort of glich that's happened to a lot of the HCH II owners.
Maybe if you give the powers-that-be that beer, they will move your data to the correct section for you.
PS, I like how your graph keeps going up in a straight line.

Last edited by Gairwyn; 04-30-2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quick Reply: New member to the HCHII Club

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands