HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

New HCHII / Adding Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Enthusiast
Cool New HCHII / Adding Leather Seats

I just got my HCHII Saturday - 7/22 in San Diego. It is Taffeta white with Ivory interior (Ivory looks tan to me). It came with mud guards, door edge guards, mp3 adapter. No Nav.

I am upgrading the seats to leather from the guys at
http:\\www.ayarinc.com - they are in San Diego so I was able to go take a peek and I liked what I saw. They provide the same seats to dealers.

I got two tone seats with peforated leather inserts and Honda HYBRID logos in the seat backs in the same Honda font as the badges. (They pay honda a royalty). It also includes the armrests, center console, and door panels. I get them installed Friday - will post pics when it is completed. They have a cool seat builder feature at the very top of the site when u enter - here is a pic of the completed seat from the seat builder...

Old 07-27-2006, 01:02 AM
iSteve
Default Re: New HCHII / Adding Leather Seats

those seats look great, I got mine done and picked some custom colors my car is Sparkle grey and had a Tan interior Remeber the seat belts and hardware are still tan.

ill post photos

Old 07-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

definately post pictures. i am interested in getting this done. but, wanted the factory match color...blue on my seats. i just have to save up the money to do it.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: New HCHII / Adding Leather Seats

Originally Posted by exbauer
definately post pictures. i am interested in getting this done. but, wanted the factory match color...blue on my seats. i just have to save up the money to do it.
I went down there and they have a ton of swatches - they seem to know what swatches match your factory colors too - I guess because they sell to the dealers. They can send you samples if you request them.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Enthusiast

One other thing - you have airbags on your seats - make sure the company that sells you seat covers makes sure that it wont interfere with your airbags. These guys went over that with me and showed me copies of their liability insurance.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm sure it'll look good.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

How much is that going to cost?

Old 07-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cherokee180c
How much is that going to cost?
It depends on which package you select. I got the 80% leather package - (the small side pieces are vinyl) and chose to get the custom logos. I spent a little over $1000. If I didnt get the logos it probably would have been under $1000. I think the pricing starts in the six hundred dollar range if I remember correctly.

from their website:
Q: Are your kits made entirely of leather?
A: Our kits use a combination of both Italian leather and automotive-grade vinyl, often exceeding the leather content of a factory leather interior. Our average interior boasts a generous 55 square feet of leather! We also feature the best grain match in the industry.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

ah, i see they are using katzkin interior. another good company out there is classic soft trim. i have heard the leather for classic soft trim is better. but, don't quote me on that. i called classic soft trim and they charge dealers $800 for it and $900 for walk ins. they do mainly dealers and such.

www.katzkin.com
www.classicsofttrim.com

Old 07-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast

ah, i see they are using katzkin interior. another good company out there is classic soft trim. i have heard the leather for classic soft trim is better. but, don't quote me on that. i called classic soft trim and they charge dealers $800 for it and $900 for walk ins. they do mainly dealers and such.

www.katzkin.com
www.classicsofttrim.com
I took the car in today to get the seats done. I got to see them before they went on the car. They look great! The leather feels good too. I wont get the car back til 7pm so I will have to wait till tomorrow to post pics. There is an audio shop/tint place next to where I am having the seat covers installed. They are going to tint my car in a non-metallic tint - I saw a couple of cars he did and they looked great. Can't Wait =)

Quick Reply: New HCHII / Adding Leather Seats

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands