HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Navigation Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast
Default Navigation Questions

For those of you with the navigation system:

1. Is there any type of additional cost or monthly fee or the like that goes along with it?

2. I am ignorant as to how the navigation system works, is it tied in with the radio as well?

3. If you choose not to get the XM radio subscription, do the other features of the nav system still work? How does it affect the aux input for my IPOD???

Old 08-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Navigation Questions

Hey there-

1) No fee
2) Yep, it is integrated with the radio/CD/PC-card Kinda nice when you want to see details up on the large screen
3) Yep, everything works as normal, you just have an XM button that does nothing. aux works like a charm regardless of XM status. I have an '06, so I wasn't about to pay the $300+ to get the XM properly 'installed'.

Happy Hunting!

Old 08-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

1. There is no monthly cost with getting the nav system, the only thing you could ever pay for again are updated dvds (new maps) which are VERY expensive, but most people dont need to.

2. The nav system/radio is one unit, but there functions work independently of each other

3. Everything is the same without xm radio, you just dont have the xm radio. The aux input in general is definitely there with navi, but im pretty sure its with the regular one too. Are you looking for the ipod adapter though? that is different from the standard headphone jack style aux jack

Old 08-21-2007, 08:21 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

For my '07 you had to buy the XM if you wanted the nav. Is this how other '07s were?

Old 08-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

you can get xm built in for non-navi cars. the cars with navi already have xm built in.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast

When I got my 2007 HCH w/ Navi I had a 3 month free trial period for XM. After that it would go away. I kept it though. For my iPod, I use the Aux jack below.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:25 AM
HOV lane commuter

I would consider this before purchasing the NAVI: Do you want your radio/stereo/CD players tied into a complicated electronic device to operate while you're driving 65 mph (or 48 mph, if you're Kenny), or would you rather have traditional dials, buttons and load-ins? I chose the latter - immediate access and control of the unit versus using the touch-screen, opening the screen to access the CD inputs, etc. Am very satisifed with this, plus my XM SkyFi unit.

Aftermarket navigation units are already a generation ahead of what's pre-installed in vehicles ... and they're 1/4 the cost.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JRCaesar
I would consider this before purchasing the NAVI: Do you want your radio/stereo/CD players tied into a complicated electronic device to operate while you're driving 65 mph (or 48 mph, if you're Kenny), or would you rather have traditional dials, buttons and load-ins? I chose the latter - immediate access and control of the unit versus using the touch-screen, opening the screen to access the CD inputs, etc. Am very satisifed with this, plus my XM SkyFi unit.

Aftermarket navigation units are already a generation ahead of what's pre-installed in vehicles ... and they're 1/4 the cost.
the controls for the nav are pretty intuitive. And unless all you ever do is switch channels and switch between cd and radio and xm, then you shouldnt be distracted while driving. Plus, 90% of what you need to do you can do from the steering wheel anyways.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Plus there are controls in the steering wheel anyways, so you don't need to use the ones in the dash as much. Still, I went with the aftermarket navigation. It's much cheaper and tells me about traffic, gas prices, movie times, and more.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast

The voice recognition feature is also good as well. You can say "XM channel #" or "FM station #" instead of using the touch screen.

Quick Reply: Navigation Questions

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands