HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

My next Honda Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Vegetarian
Default Re: My next Honda Hybrid

I thought Honda made Hydrogen generators that ran off electricity, why natural gas? Wouldn't getting a CNG vehicle be easier? Plus you can already get them. Educate me.
Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
There's no MSRP Come 2010, if I can get one for maybe $40k, I'll sign up now. But if it's $200k (like, say, a Tesla Roadster), then I'm afraid I'll have to pass.
The Tesla is $100k (hey, it's like getting 50% off).

Last edited by IMAhybrid; 05-22-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

From the product announcement:

As part of its effort to ensure the viability of a hydrogen-based society, Honda is developing the Home Energy Station, a comprehensive system designed to meet residential energy needs by supplying electricity and heat in addition to hydrogen fuel for vehicles. Generating hydrogen from natural gas supplied for residential use, the Home Energy Station system also offers consumers the convenience of refueling hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicles at home. The system is equipped with fuel cells that generate and supply electricity to the home, and is configured to recover the heat produced during power generation for domestic water heating. In addition to reducing carbon dioxide emissions by some 40 percent, the Home Energy Station system is expected to lower the total running cost of household electricity, gas and vehicle fuel by 50 percent.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:24 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

uhm, I think the Hydrogen cars being leased out are over $1 Mill each.