HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

My driver's side window seems confused...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 05:34 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default My driver's side window seems confused...

Yesterday, I parked my car and hit the automatic window button to roll up the driver's side window. I always use the one touch option instead of holding the button up or down. Anyway, my window got to within 1 inch of the top and then reversed itself. It went down about 1/2 way. I hit the button again, and the problem repeated. This happened several times throughout the day. If I would HOLD the button down, I could close it. And occasionally, the one-touch option actually gets it closed. But something's not right. Any ideas?

Old 05-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My driver's side window seems confused...

Yes, many of our cars have the same defect.

Honda knows about this and has released a product update.
(It is not a recall because it is not a safety issue so I believe you would never get a notice from Honda about this.)

Call your dealer to make an appointment for a free fix.

I just got mine fixed.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just talked to my dealer, and (as per normal) they have no knowledge of a product update, etc, etc. Do you happen to have a reference number or anything? Thanks!

I think it's time to start driving the extra miles to a Honda dealer that cares. I wouldn't recommend mine to an enemy.

Old 05-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Enthusiast

As a Honda owner, I can tell you that it is typical to have problems with the power windows. You can find information on recalls and technical service bulletins at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/. Good luck, and enjoy your Honda...that's probably (and hopefully) one of the only problems you will ever have!

Old 05-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
Honda knows about this and has released a product update.
After speaking with my dealer (who as usual have no idea what's going on or how to fix it), I called Honda of America. They advised me to disconnect my battery for a couple of minutes and then reconnect it. They told me there were no product updates regarding this issue.

I have been very frustrated with Honda of America. Anyone have a specific part number or service number that I can reference?

Old 05-30-2007, 02:40 PM

Here is a 4-page thread on the problem.

Two posters said it's BULLETIN 06-014

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=9950

Last edited by kenny; 05-30-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:37 PM
iSteve

dont you have to recalibrate the cvt when you disconnect the Battery?

Old 05-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
Here is a 4-page thread on the problem.

Two posters said it's BULLETIN 06-014

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=9950
I believe the thread and the bulletin you refer to address the problem of the driver's side front window leaving the run channel, or "track". That's not the problem I have; my window hasn't done that. It just doesn't roll up properly when I use the "one-touch" option. It'll go up almost all the way to the top and then suddenly reverse direction and head down again. I realize my problem is mentioned quickly in the thread you refer to, but I don't think the two problems are the same. I could certainly be wrong...

Regarding disconnecting the battery and CVT recalibration, I have no idea. For that reason, I'm not messing with it!

Old 05-30-2007, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox303
I believe the thread and the bulletin you refer to address the problem of the driver's side front window leaving the run channel, or "track". That's not the problem I have; my window hasn't done that. It just doesn't roll up properly when I use the "one-touch" option. It'll go up almost all the way to the top and then suddenly reverse direction and head down again. I realize my problem is mentioned quickly in the thread you refer to, but I don't think the two problems are the same. I could certainly be wrong...

Regarding disconnecting the battery and CVT recalibration, I have no idea. For that reason, I'm not messing with it!
Before I got mine fixed it had both problems.
Sometimes it would go back down when being put up, and other times when going up it would pop out of the track at the top back side and stay up.

It doesn't do either any more.

Last edited by kenny; 05-30-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:50 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shoebox303

Those two problems are definitely not the same, but they could very well be related.
When you engage the 'auto-up' of the window, it will keep going up, untill the friction becomes too high, and then it will roll down again. This is to prevent any fingers from being cut off, when you would have your hand in the opening when closing the window.
When the window goes off-track, the friction will be going up also.
So when your window in auto-up mode goes down at some point, the friction is too high, which could be caused by a misaligned windowtrack.

Quick Reply: My driver's side window seems confused...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands