HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Maintenance Minder Reset?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Maintenance Minder Reset?

OK. Now I'm really confused. Is when you hit select/reset when there are no MM showing up, does it only reset oil life and not the other MMs? If so, MY HYBRID has no problems. I didn't think it worked like this.

By the way MY HYBRID, if it does not in fact work like that, the recommended maintenance intervals are in the service manual. If you don't wanna pay around $75 for one of these, you may want to see if you dealer will let you look at/copy the maintenance intervals.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:45 PM

Colby: The MM minder tells you when to do various maintenance items. B 1 is oil change and tire rotation. A 12345 is oil + filter change, tire rotation, air filter, plus others. It is explained in your manual, which I know you have read! If you go the yr. without putting enough miles to trigger the MM the manual says to change the oil. So do you reset the MM or leave it so it will tell you when to service the other items. Hope I did not confuse you more.H

Old 11-26-2007, 09:07 PM

The MM minder tells you when to do various maintenance items. B 1 is oil change and tire rotation. A 12345 is oil + filter change, tire rotation, air filter, plus others. It is explained in your manual, which I know you have read!
Actually I was reading this section the other day while I was waiting in my car.

However, I did not know that it would tell you to change the oil after a year if you do not deplete the oil life. I guess this answers MY HYBRID's question- just do what the car tells you. I guess everyone else has already figured that out.

Thanks for the info. I am no longer confused (I did have to read your post 3 times to understand it though. )

Old 11-27-2007, 08:48 AM

In other words, if you don't put enough miles on you car in a year for the MM to tell you to change your oil, change the oil on the 12 month. Don't reset the MM, the MM can now be used to inform you about other maintenance items. I think this is Monty's plan?

Old 11-27-2007, 03:28 PM

Ok. I think we definitely are all on the same page now. At least I hope we are...

Old 11-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Am I the only one who thinks this latest resolution is out of whack?

Maintenance items and oil life not related. Oil life is a variable of driving conditions and habits, whereas maintenance is fixed to engine life (odometer) or time. Maintenance items appear when the system wants you to perform them during the next oil change. So, if you have to do a one-year oil change on 7,000 miles, then do the oil change and reset. If and when you see maintenance items, do them on your next oil change, then reset.

Resetting the maintenance minder is your sign-off that an oil change and any indicated maintenance items (if applicable) have been completed.

But please don't just change the oil and then let the oil life indicator continue to count down as if nothing happened. That's defeating the purpose of what should be a very helpful tool.

Last edited by spinner; 11-27-2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Tweaking for clarification
Old 11-27-2007, 07:10 PM

Spinner:
To my understanding (which may be completely incorrect), resetting the oil life %age will also reset the misc maintenance items. I think that this is what has been confusing us (at least me) because it is unclear (again, at least to me) if resetting the oil life will also reset the other maintenance intervals when they are not showing up. If someone could confirm how this works, I think everything would make more sense.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Right, but I think you folks are over-thinking the system. Who do you need to disprove your speculation?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:22 AM

I personally would not change oil at one yr., I would take the MM down to about 10% then do it, even if it took me 18 mths. to get it there? H.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Enthusiast

TO CLARIFY EVERYTHING PLEASE READ. I'm Dan and I am a service advisor at a local Honda dealership.

You CAN check your next recommended service using your Maintenance Minder system without reseting it, even if your at 90%.

Press your select/reset button to get to the oil life screen, then press and hold for about 10-20 seconds, and your display will indicate what services are due next. If you TAP select/reset again, it will not reset the maintenance minder system. If you want to reset the system, follow your owner's manual. I DO NOT RECOMMEND reseting your MM system without having the service done. Hope this helps.

Dan

Quick Reply: Maintenance Minder Reset?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands