HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Just bought my Honda Civic Hybrid!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Renew! Renew!
Default Just bought my Honda Civic Hybrid!!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the site. This was a huge factor in trying to figure out if I was going to do the Prius or the Civic. This has been the first time I think I have ever bought a car and knew what I had wanted.

Thanks again!!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just bought my Honda Civic Hybrid!!

Congrats, I know you'll love it. I can't imagine driving a non-hybrid again, I couldn't go back. One of the first things you should do if you are interested in maximizing your mileage is to read this article: http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306

Old 06-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Renew! Renew!

Awesome! I will totally check that article out. I had traded in a turbo PT cruiser for this and havent felt bad about it yet. The only thing I will miss is the 240 HP, but not so much the 18 MPG that I was getting on average... . It has been a lot of fun so far to see the MPG go up and down, but hover between 50 and 75 on the gauge. Freaking amazing! I don't think I can go back either at this point. With my commute about 21 miles, I spent way too much time buring through all of that gas!

Old 06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Enthusiast

Congrats...I've had mine for about 5 months now and it keeps getting better. It's like a video game and everyday I try to beat my high score(mpg). The first day I had it i was getting 38mgp and was dissappointed, then I read the article mentioned above and within a week was up to 45. No I'm upset if I get below 55 even with the A/c on. My personal best is 62 and all of these numbers are based on a 1-way daily commute of 50 miles. Just pay attention to what you do and you'll keep getting better.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome to the site! Like you, I gave up my turbo (Outback) for the HCH and I couldn't be happier. The horsepower is nice, but to have fun with it is $$$--I have more fun in the HCH and it costs ¢¢¢!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome! Had mine for just over a year and no regrets.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

I regret buying my 2007 HCH2.

I regret that I didn't buy a 2006 a year earlier! Unfortunately, the new Civic Hybrid's arrival coincided with the arrival of $3 gasoline, so buyers were in a frenzy in '06 to get an HCH. Dealers were selling them for $3,000 or more over MSRP, and they were difficult to find even at those prices.

So I waited patiently, and OPEC obliged. Remember the end of '06 when gas dropped back to $2? Shortly after that, dealer inventory increased, then the price add-ons disappeared, and soon you could even knock some money off the MSRP!

That's when I got mine, and I'm glad I did!

Your's should pay back its price premium (vs. the regular Civic) in about 2 years, depending on your annual miles. After that, it's pure profit, man!

The best part about a hybrid is that you actually ENJOY gas price increases! The higher it goes, the more you save!

Old 06-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Renew! Renew!

Yeah, I have to say it is actually a weird feeling right now about gas. Like a weight lifted off of my shoulders. Luckily and unfortunately with the state of the economy, credit problems, and cash flow issues that people are having, I was able to get a really decent deal on it. Not too bad I dont think. Did any of you guys out there get any extend warranties on yours?

Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1stpik
I regret buying my 2007 HCH2.
If you got a 2006 then you would have had fewer auto lock/unlock options, plus better odds of being a target of a recall.

Thatguy183: Are you referencing Logan's Run with your avatar?

Old 06-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Renew! Renew!

I totally am! Do you remmeber the movie?

Quick Reply: Just bought my Honda Civic Hybrid!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands