HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

iPod adpater for HCHII w/ nav

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:05 AM
iEnthusiast
Default iPod adpater for HCHII w/ nav

Hey guys,

So I just got a new iPod classic and I have an iPhone that I would really like to get wired into my new HCH. Right now it is plugged in via the AUX input but I had to do that in the past with my other vehicle and know that a real iPod connection is btter (auto pauses the music, charges, sound quality, etc). I asked my dealer when I bought the car but he didnt know of anything off hand... With the popularity of iPods I figured there must be something.

I stumbled across this one on eBay but the auction has already closed and I didnt get it. You can still see it at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=023... It looks to be exactly what I want except I dont know if it lets you control the iPod on the nav screen. That would be my dream come true!

Does anyone know anything about a straight iPod connector going into the nav/aux? Any ideas about what the item in the auction above does or have any exprirnce with it?

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: iPod adpater for HCHII w/ nav

stick with the aux cable. the direct connection cables black out the ipod menu unless i am mistaken... you end up without ipod control ability with the direct connection.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:20 PM
iEnthusiast

Does it black out the iPod screen and not give you any controls on the NAV unit? I'd be fine it did that.... I've heard direct connection is so much better for sound quality and the such. It also charges which is nice

Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Driving in stealth mode

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...1682QQtcZphoto

I just purchased from these guys. My device is a different brand but I have been very pleased with it so far. If the sale is closed then click the link below.

http://integrationsolutions.net/EBAY/HONDA.HTML

BTW with my connector it does lock out the IPod but all controls are available via the nav screen and steering wheel controls function. With the Toyota geared device there is a simple mode where you can control it through either the device or the NAV.

Operational Info
http://integrationsolutions.net/EBAY...IRECTMODE.html

Last edited by coolshock1; 04-30-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 AM
iEnthusiast

coolshock, thank you so much! I am going to call my honda dealer or another reputable place thats Honda certified and get this installed ASAP! This is exactly what I wanted!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Driving in stealth mode

No problem. It is actually very easy to do yourself. They have the install instructions on page that you viewed the product. Once you get it installed, by whatever method, report back on how you like it and how it works.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does this one show the artist/title info on the display too? What about for us non-nav folks?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Driving in stealth mode

http://integrationsolutions.net/EBAY...OPERATION.html

Doesn't sound like it.

Last edited by coolshock1; 05-04-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
iEnthusiast

I just bought the adapter from a store in Madison and am getting it installed this Wednesday... I'll be sure to let you guys know how well/if it works. Maybe even some pictures if you're lucky lol

Old 05-09-2008, 07:30 AM
iEnthusiast

Alright I got the adapter installed and its actually working out really well. The people put it in for $50 and wired the iPod cable into my glove box.

Heres how it works: The AUX button is now CDC when the iPod is plugged in. I can pick the playlists/songs I want using the iPod controls and then I can skip songs and go back to songs using the controls on the NAV/steering wheel.

Its not exactly what I wanted but its a lot better than just an AUX cable to me. Better sound quality, its always charging, it pauses when you turn the car off, etc.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Quick Reply: iPod adpater for HCHII w/ nav

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands