HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Howdy Folks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Enthused Enthusiast
Default Re: Howdy Folks!

Wow.. thanks Brent! Great info! I am now thinking of having them do the mirror only, and getting the rest myself...

Old 06-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Wish I new it all!

No problem Limey.

By the way, Bernardi Parts and College Hills Honda both have PDF versions of installation instructions for the accessories free to download so you can always check out how complicated the install is before you purchase something.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Enthused Enthusiast

Yeah I looked at those and decided the mirror install wasn't for me!

I also am not really feeling the illumination kits anymore, as you lose the cubby and it won't come on whenever you want, only parking lights it seems...

Old 06-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by limey6413
I also am not really feeling the illumination kits anymore, as you lose the cubby and it won't come on whenever you want, only parking lights it seems...
Hi Brant:

Sorry I did not answer your previous question regarding my custom ambient lighting.

Yes, the Honda illumination kit only goes on when the parking lights are on. But that is why I called my setup "custom".

Basically I ordered hight intensity blue 5mm LED's from eBay (50 pack) and also some acrylic rods (1" diameter) to make it all happen. From the rods I cut appropriately sized segments and machined then to look like "little light domes". These domes were then inserted into the drilled holes up into foot-well panels and also attached under the front seats.
A 2 circuit switch concealed inside the front center cubby hole controls the lights in the front and back separately and the power is provided by the Accessories socket circuit.

(I may produce a "how-to-article" to illustrate the setup steps and the final results.) hummm...

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 06-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Enthused Enthusiast

Thanks MSantos! I would very much like to see how your install looks and functions!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Wish I new it all!

couldn't you just buy the honda interior illumination kit and just modify the wiring so it is connected to a fuse that is always on and you can then just use the switch to turn it on and off whenever you want without have to wire it to the parking lights? i have only ever done simple wiring in cars before, but i would think it wouldn't be that difficult of of a modification, and would be easier for us not as talented people that wouldn't want to attempt to make our own light setup.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Enthused Enthusiast

Yeah probably so..

I did footwell lighting in my 87 Mazda RX7 using Cold Cathode tubes, but I don't want to just tap into the 12v and attach inverters to power the tubes like I did with that car - The hybrid probably won't take as kindly to any electrical intereference / fluctuations.. just a guess..

Old 06-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Great Mileage and Green

Welcome to the world of the Civic Hybrid. I do love mine and the 49MPG lifetime it has given in the first 21,200 miles. You'll also love the splash guards, though they do tend to scuff if they rub up against a surface.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Enthused Enthusiast

Here's what the dealer had to say last:

Your new car had a "pre-assigned" shipping date of June 4th, which I interpret to mean that it had been assigned to a paraticular ship and was at the port ready to be loaded as of that date.

Argh! come on already!!!

Last edited by limey6413; 06-18-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Enthused Enthusiast

And... it's here! YES!! Going to go pick it up tomorrow! <does happy dance>

Quick Reply: Howdy Folks!

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands