HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

HID Conversion, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HID Conversion, anyone?

Please do let me know, and please post pictures. I plan to buy some in the coming week or two.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you so much! I also would like to see some picture on your conversion. Can you also let me know where to purchase the HID kits.

My BMW HID kits is so easy that the balast is monted together with the light unit from the part department. The conversion take about 1 hour for my 528. I hope the HCH2 is just as easy as my BMW.

Again, thank you

Old 09-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Sorry it took me so long to get these pics up. I was on vacation and just got back 2 days ago. The pictures do not really do any justice. The HID's in the pictures appear to be more blue than they really are. They're 6000k and more whiteish/purple in real life.

But as you can see in the first pic that there is major glare. There is a sort of cutoff point, but as you can still see there is still glare, the upper half of my garage is not blackened out as you would see on OEM HID housings or cars.

I do believe there is an aftermarket projector housing for the civic, but i don't want to modify the car anymore than just the HID's. But as far as light output wise... It's great! Brighter of course and i'm sure oncoming traffic is hating me as they pass me! lol!

I'll do my best to get pics of where i put the ballasts.

NOTE: I'M UNABLE TO UPLOAD THE PICS BECAUSE OF THE VALID FILE EXTENSIONS. I JUST COPIED AND PASTED THEM TO A WORD DOC. Let me know if you have any questions

Againt the pics do not do any real justice. It's better to see them in person.

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Doc1.doc (31.5 KB, 339 views)
File Type: doc
Doc2.doc (33.5 KB, 278 views)

Last edited by felixdacat; 09-13-2006 at 10:45 AM. Reason: putting on pictures
Old 09-14-2006, 06:48 AM
From Tahoe to HCH

Felix, where did you get your HID conversion kit? This is something that I have wanted to do since I got my HCHII.Jealous of the Prius!

Old 09-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Originally Posted by fasteddye
Felix, where did you get your HID conversion kit? This is something that I have wanted to do since I got my HCHII.Jealous of the Prius!
fasteddye,

I orginally had Philips brand HID conversion kit for my Maxima from xenondepot, i sold the car got the hybrid and wanted to put the kit on that. Of course the bulbs are different between the Maxima and Hybrid (9004 vs. 9006). Xenondepot is charging an arm and a leg just for the 9006 bulbs. But it's quality stuff that they offer, but i don't have the cash for it. So i looked on Craigslist in my local area and found someone on there who was selling HID kits. The brand is Klight. So far no problems, i got the whole kit for less than $200 (bulbs, ballasts, additional wiring). I've had them for a month+ and i'm still happy. Let me know if you're interested and i can make a phone call for you.

I'll post up pics of the installation and ballasts soon.