HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Help!! Idiots Cars are Beating Up My Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast
Default Help!! Idiots Cars are Beating Up My Car

So i park on the street in Oak Park, IL. Its about 15 miles outside of chicago. Some A$$hole pushed into my car and caused an impression of his liscence plate screws into my bumper. Obviously i am upset about this.

Do they make a rear bumber cover (similar to the front bumper cover) that i can put over it to absorb some of the impact for when this happens again?

Any help or advice is appreciated. I had the car since Feb. I had another car here parked for a year without incident. I am so bothered by this

Old 07-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Help!! Idiots Cars are Beating Up My Car

It sucks but I don't think there is anything you can do about it.
I think anything you put their will look strange.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

shenfo, you can have the rear bumper bondo'ed and airbrushed. If a pro does it it will look like new after the repair. And bondo on the bumper is not a bad thing; not like filler on the body at least...

Complete job should cost no more than $125-150 at the most.

This is just one company of many that does it. http://carnica.com/paint_repair.shtml

Last edited by EZ2beGreen; 07-15-2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Get one of those orange cones and place it in front of your car. Or, try to find a less vulnerable spot. It sucks when this happens but if your anywhere near another car then it'll happen.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Shenfo, I had the exact same thing happen to me. I used a little bondo and for $50 ordered paint online. It comes in a can with the color match and the clear coat. It looked pretty seamless. Then I was hit by a kid and he destroyed the whole back end of my car, so I have a new bumper now. :/

Old 07-15-2006, 05:22 PM
World's First Hybrid

That's why I gave up buying those nice plastic license plate covers for the front plate. Some idiot always ends up backing into me when parallel parking. Also, don't park on corners. I was having lunch one day and witnessed a semi trying to make a left turn and he took out 4 cars and a small tree. For some unknown reason, I opted to park in a lot that day.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yeah, I know what you mean. I park on the street in Chicago. There is no way in avoiding this. I just take it with stride and I know this is already going to happen. It is city parking. Unless you live in somewhere where there are parking lots and you have a garage, there is no way in avoiding this.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well, they look like crap, and you have to remember to flip it out and put it back, but I've seen some of these rear bumper guards around Manhattan.