HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Help getting IMA replaced under warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Help getting IMA replaced under warranty

My IMA battery has been performing poorly for some time now on my 2006. I'd like to know what language I need to use to get Honda to replace the thing underwarranty (which I think is 75k miles?).

Here's what it does.

The first traffic signal I stop at, the meter drops to 2. When at 2, it will seldom take a change from braking so I'm using the pads, except when I shift down which then charges as you expect. Then sometimes when it is around 3 or 4, it will still not take a charge and then climbs all the way to full for no reason. All this happens within a few miles. The assist seldom happens and you can feel it give up pretty quickly.

I've had it in for the updates and recalibration, but that's not helping.

My thought is to raise a safety concern since it brakes so poorly without the regeneration.

Thanks.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Help getting IMA replaced under warranty

Tried that with two dealers to no avail. I've listed poor braking and random lack of acceleration. They all just say it's operating normally. Had regional Honda rep look into it and got the same story. Even opened the case with Honda direct. They just do not care
Their diagnosis shows battery state of health at 37% and that's apparently just peachy. (as in I have 1/3 of original battery)

I just put a deposit on a 2012 Prius...

Old 04-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by reagle
Their diagnosis shows battery state of health at 37% and that's apparently just peachy. (as in I have 1/3 of original battery)
Yeah until you get an IMA error light, which apparently occurs at 10%, you're SOL. I've heard of a few people getting batteries replaced under warranty based on symptoms alone w/o an IMA light... but they probably get their vehicle serviced regularly at the dealer, whom not wanting to lose a valuable PAYING service customer, will stand up to corporate Honda for them.

I feel like every time I take my HCH into the dealership and expect them to diagnose and repair my car for FREE under the warranty they are obligated to by FEDERAL LAW, they are disgusted and try their hardest to get me and my car out of there ASAP so they can move on to less suspecting motorists whom open their wallets much easier...

Old 06-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xoham
My IMA battery has been performing poorly for some time now on my 2006. I'd like to know what language I need to use to get Honda to replace the thing underwarranty (which I think is 75k miles?).

Here's what it does.

The first traffic signal I stop at, the meter drops to 2. When at 2, it will seldom take a change from braking so I'm using the pads, except when I shift down which then charges as you expect. Then sometimes when it is around 3 or 4, it will still not take a charge and then climbs all the way to full for no reason. All this happens within a few miles. The assist seldom happens and you can feel it give up pretty quickly.

I've had it in for the updates and recalibration, but that's not helping.

My thought is to raise a safety concern since it brakes so poorly without the regeneration.

Thanks.
Mine started that in January, at 86k miles, ive been fighting with multiple dealerships and AHM Directly and so far have gotten no where yet, My car is currently being tested by probably the best honda dealership in the us, but their hands are tied my AHM, so if this doesnt work, I Am filing under californias Lemon Law as the car is very unsafe to drive, The defect (IMA Battery) De values the car, and suffers extreme performance loss.
and to think i bought my car last november , and in january started having issues.

Best thing you can do, Because honda will not listen to US about the safety concerns and problems with the car, File with the NHTSA a safety complaint, then check your states lemon laws.